SBC rods and roller rockers

god910

Okay, lets lay the hype about SBC rods down now. I have been talking to my machine shop and am considering the SBC rods for the future build. Might not need it, but it can't hurt. As far as we could get was:

283 small journal rods (as they are VERY close to the same, but still larger, like 1.9xx vs. 2.01 or something like that) But what about the small end? Shimming them? Oversized bearings on the big end? What about the width of the rods? What is the 3.1 stock rod length?

EDIT: Link added = http://www.60degreev6.com/index.php?p=pages&pid=29

ROLLER ROCKERS

I know Robby had some installed, but said he kept breaking guide plates (IIRC, is that what was going wrong?) What needs to be done to get this to work right? I'm just trying to plan for how much I'll actually be able to do to make this thing a contender. The Disco Potato is still very tempting, but I wanna know what I'll be able to back it with. So, come one, come all, lets talk shop.

stock rod length is 5.7" Go to the 60* V6 site, theres a post on how to convert the SBC rods.

The rockers I had were roller tip 1.6s. B/c of the 1.6 ratio the pushrod was closer to the "U" in the guide and rubbed, eventually breaking them. All you have to do is grind out the "U" part and you'll be good to go. I'll be putting the 1.6s on the motor Im building. The rockers I have are Comp Cams Magnum Roller Tip 1.6s. The roller tip is on the part that touches the valve

Got a part # for those rockers robby?

1414-12

You will need to go to Advance or some place and order rocker studs from a Gen I iron head 2.8L If you need more info, email me or PM me

Okay, so you didn't go full roller. I think that Shawn's info area has full roller listed. (???) In theory though it should be no different from just the roller tip rockers, just more expensive.