Grand Prix LTE Modification List

digitaloutsider

Well, since I'm going to be getting a job soon, I'll finally have money to start the LTE mods. Here's the list I'm starting out with:

Parts and mods:

Z7M Front End (Done)

STE Taillights (Done)

BYP Ground Effects (50% Complete)

Console shifting w/ DIC (Have parts, need to install)

Front 14-Way Power Seats (Have parts, need to install)

Rear 14-Way Power Seats

Front VFD DIC

Rear LCD DIC (Have 50% parts)

Wheelskins Shift Boot

Wheelskins Sterring Wheel Cover

Audiovox Prestige APS996 Platinum Plus Alarm and Remote Start

Rear Seat Audio

"Improved" FE3 Suspension

GM F-Bar

Crossdrilled Rotors

10 Disc CD Changer

Moonroof

Heads Up Display

16" Mille Miglia Spider II Rims

BF Goodrich White Letter Radial T/A Tires

Improved Exhaust

Custom LTE Badging

Deep Tint Glass

3.8L Series II Supercharged Engine

SLP Headers

DHP PCM

160 AMP Alternator

Limited Slip Differential

4T65-HD Transmission

3.25" ASP Supercharger Pulley

Paint

Body = Med. Red (Current color)

Bottom = Silver

Ground Effects = Med. Red

Stripe = Wide silver in the middle of car from front to back

Well, there's the list. Expect it to change as I get more wild ideas. Also, if you guys have any thoughts on it, let me know!

And are you gonna make photo step-by-step instructions as you go along, for all your LE bretheren?? :D ;)

I have all the parts for the LCD DIC if you need them, including floor shifter mount and piece that goes between the seats. Just PM me if you need them and we'll set something up.

Well, since I'm going to be getting a job soon, I'll finally have money to start the LTE mods. Here's the list I'm starting out with:

Parts and mods:

Rear 14-Way Power Seats

Front VFD DIC

I've just got a question. What is the the REAR DIC? I assume the front one is the same I have on my car. REAR 14-way seats?? Are those from like an STE or something??

Gonna be the phattest 4 door 1st gen GP around! 8)

We're custom fabricating the rear DIC along with the controls for the 14-way rear power seats. It wasn't (and still isn't) available on any Grand Prix.

By the way, thanks for all the comments! You guys kick ass!

Guest Anonymous

Parts and mods:

Rear 14-Way Power Seats

Front VFD DIC

I've just got a question. What is the the REAR DIC? I assume the front one is the same I have on my car. REAR 14-way seats?? Are those from like an STE or something??

Gonna be the phattest 4 door 1st gen GP around! 8)

I think he's gonna have the rear setup just like the front. Front buckets and the DIC and console from the front.

Welol,I got that part partly figured out.......The PIC (Passenger Information Center) console will most likey be custom fabricated using parts from an extra DIC and housing.... The 14 way seat will be 2 adopted passenger AQ9 seats with duplicate controls and compressor.

Will be interesting to see when you get the seats in. :)

Those power seats are big suckers, I would think they would be sitting up pretty high.. but I guess the passenger one isn't as bad as the drivers seat. Cool stuff.

I'm guess thinking here. BUT, If you remove the frame rails from the seats and bolt then down directly to the unibody.. Then they should not be high. Rear passengers do not need fore and aft movement, just the lumbar controls.

But aren't there still going to be parts of the lumbar controls on the bottom of the seat that will interfere with them laying down flat? Or are the parts on the bottom of the seats ONLY for back/forth/up/down?

That's why I'm looking at using 2 Passenger side seats and remove the tracks. Its realtivelty flat and they are only needing a small space for the wiring to run to the controls. I'll just use an extra control switch and modify it to control 2 passenger side seats separately.. And YES bottom only controls fore/aft/up/down. which is not needed for rear passenges.