Need ECM electrical experts advice on boost tunning

GrandPrix34

Im thinking of getting an S-AFC to control the air/fuel trim for my DOHC boost project....here's the wires on the S-AFC

RED - Power

GREEN - RPM signal

BROWN - Ground

BLACK - Ground

YELLOW - Airflow / Pressure Signal OUTPUT

WHITE - Airflow / Pressure Signal INPUT

On a 93 DOHC ECM, the red wire would be spliced to the ECM CONNECTOR "B" (BLACK) on the B14 Terminal which is an Orange wire (480)

The BROWN and Black are required to be about 1cm apart with the brown wire being on the ECM side of the ground wire running to the ECM...now which ground ECM could i use? There is a bunch of them! It states I CANNOT ground it to any other part other than the ground on the ECM

Now the problem i have is with the YELLOW, WHITE, and GREEN wire...

The GREEN wire is labeled RPM signal...would this be the A30 Throttle Position Sensor signal wire on ECM CONNECTOR "A" Dark blue wire? Or is there a diff RPM signal wire?

THe Yellow and white refer to air flow input/output...im thinking maybe MAF? I have MAP so what would those splice to? I was thinking the A29 MAP SENSOR SIGNAL *light green* wire...

Any and all input is welcome! Please respond!

have the wiring diagram for that as well as the ECM wiring diagrams for all the import cars such as TOYOTA, NISSAN, blah blah blah...

I'm not to sure about 94+ DOHC, but i believe the wiring for a MAF will still lead to the ECM. Is there an air input/output signal?

I was reading soem other wiring diagrams and they have the S-AFC U.S. Update for U.S. production vehicles (still imports though) and it only requires one air flow signal sensor wire....

no, I was looking at the one straight out of the S-AFC manufactur's website which is Apexi.com i know its for imports but I was wondering if yuou could modify it to work with the DOHC ECU.

Just going by my terrible and failing memory here, but doesn't a 91-93 3.4 DOHC only run a MAP? I don't think there was a MAF until 94.

If I'm right, then you can't use this. Not without completely switching over to 94 wiring and electronics.

yeah thats wat i said earlier and that was the question...on the 60degreev6 forum's a guy there (Dave) mentioned that the S-AFC's DO work on our cars:

I'm not sure how the SAFC would work on there with just the map sensor, but I've heard it works on these cars, and I've heard of people using it on the mustangs with no maf/vam.

He also mentioned using secondary injectors but how would one go about mounting them, making them work?

If RSM does not contac me back, I will just stick to the Vortech FMU i got awhile back.

http://www.splitsec.com/products/arc1/arc1ds.htm

Description:

The ARC1 Air/fuel Ratio Calibrator provides precise adjustment of air/fuel (A/F) ratio over the entire operating range of an internal combustion engine. It is especially useful for re-calibration of modified engines. The alteration or addition of turbochargers, superchargers, intake manifolds, fuel injectors, fuel regulators, throttle bodies, intake plenums, Mass Air Flow (MAF) or Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensors can alter the A/F ratio calibration. The ARC1 gives the user a convenient way to set the A/F ratio for rich, lean or stoichiometric operation over the entire RPM and load range.

The ARC1 provides a means to achieve a best fit straight line approximation to the desired air/fuel calibration curve. It gives the user the ability to make these adjustments without a PROM change in the ECU. Furthermore, these adjustments can be made by the driver on-the-fly to optimize the air/fuel ratio for the current driving situation.

An optional +5V output is available which may be used to supply the reference voltage needed for a dedicated MAP sensor. The ARC1 is typically used in conjunction with a precision air/fuel ratio meter such as the Split Second ARM1. The air/fuel ratio meter provides the required information needed to properly set the ARC1 front panel controls.

Features:

Low load calibration (offset adjust)

High load calibration (gain adjust)

Output clamp (assures output is kept within ECU range)

Filter to provide smooth idle and reduce noise

+5V regulated output available for MAP sensor reference voltage

Transient surge and battery reversal protection

ARC1con1.jpg