PA Inspection question

tyroelite

Hey, anyone certified to do inspections in PA? If so, I'm looking into doing the big brake upgrade on my 90 TGP to the 94 Cutlas Supreme style but after looking into it I'm not sure it would pass inspection. From what I've read, it looks liek the parking brake isn't compatible but the PENNDOT says you need to have a working one... Any ideas??

well, according to w-body.com's writeup on the situation, the newer style parking brake doesn't work w/ the older style cars because of the mounting bolt locations for the pedals.

Yea, it won't pass without a functional parking brake. Last year, my '89's parking brake acted up (wouldn't ratchet) during the inspection and didn't pass. Later in the week, I had just pulled in my driveway and decided to try it again. It worked that time, so I drove right to the garage where I'd taken it and told them I'd fixed it. Now the '89's brakes need done and I plan to change to the newer style, so I'm in the same boat you're in.

I sure do miss the old guy that used to do my inspections - it was "lick 'em & stick 'em" (common PA inspection term for those who don't know) for people he trusted. He has since sold his garage. How about the new emissions inspection that started the first of the year? We have to pay $30/year for a second sticker (on top of $15-$20/year for the regular inspection). All they do is a visual emissions equipment check and pressure test the gas cap. What a freakin rip-off!