New fenderwall intake :pic:

sonyman87

470587_13_full.jpg

can we do this with our cars? this is out of a Montecarlo with an l67 or would the power distributor be in the way to much? anyone wanna check that out?

befor you say OLD look again the battery is in its STOCK location!

with the old air box removed a batt tray can be mounted to the two bolt mount that gives alot of room for a costom build

Hmmm, it had never even occurred to me to switch the location of airbox and battery. Cool idea though. I noticed on my 89 Cutlass that GM made a 2nd air intake cutout in front of the battery that is a lot bigger than the one that's currently being used. I guess someone at GM had some ideas that were never put into play.

Notice he removed his washer tank. I wouldn't do that as I use that tank a lot with these CO roads. Y not just get one from RedZMonte???

Look again, I distinctly see a washer tank where the factory intake used to be.

Notice he removed his washer tank. I wouldn't do that as I use that tank a lot with these CO roads. Y not just get one from RedZMonte???

That is his halogen headlight fluid :roll:

That is his halogen headlight fluid :roll:

no no no thats his blinker fluid :D

yeah im going to try my batt on the air box location but i dont want it to get to hot so i need to do temp readings and figure out how or what to insulate it with

527299_6_full.jpg

yeah im going to try my batt on the air box location but i dont want it to get to hot so i need to do temp readings and figure out how or what to insulate it with

Go to Summit or Jegs and buy a battery blanket - it should be $25ish.

- Justin

Why not put the batt in the trunk?

I see on Aaron's pic hes already got a fenderwall intake, and from the pic it appears his battery is somewhere else.

im planing on running two batt's and a cap in the trunk for the stereo

Mine is in the trunk, I only have one, but I am also not running a stereo. DO NOT run a stereo other than a in dash CD or something if you have a 3.4. GEt another battery, it is too much for the alt to handle.

Mine is in the trunk, I only have one, but I am also not running a stereo. DO NOT run a stereo other than a in dash CD or something if you have a 3.4. GEt another battery, it is too much for the alt to handle.

a second battery is WORSE! Instead of charging 1 battery you have to charge 2 which = more Heat! you have an FFP underdrive pully right? Plus your higher altatude will play a factor. Both will contruibute to a short lived altinator life. High altatude will lead to Poor cooling and underdrive pully will require more load per spin. Not to mention your rev limiter is where 7100rpms?!?!?! i bet the alt loves that. I have ran 1200watt system off my ONE battery and stock 109amp altinator for ruffly 30,000miles and no problems. That was after i relpaced the alt at 114,000 miles. just be sure to have a Compasitor to match your wattage ratings