yay...new stuff!

Heza

so i went to the dealership today and had them run the VIN on my car for the steering rack recall...well...i have that recall and another one for the Air Induction/Injection (something) Pump or something like that. anyone ever heard of an A.I.R. or A.I.P?? i havent and i was curious. im gonna hit my service manuals tonight to see if i can find anything.

It's an emission control device. I think it injects air directly into the exhaust manifold to improve catalytic converter performance.

Yeah......thats what it does, but it only came on the 5spds

I think 96 automatics got it too, an electric one vs. the belt driven ones that came on the older 5-speeds.

yep cuz the ol ladys 96gtp has that recall too. She also had a recall on the wires and they relpaced them, well about a month ago they went out again so we called the dealer and they will refund the 300 we paid to have them done with ac delco wires and do them again with thier own wires! they will also be fixing the a.i.r system and maybe thye rack (again) later Jay

it is, we had to have them done at a shop because it happened on the way back to school and the dealer said they will refund her cash, and replace the plugs and wires with thier parts. so we are getting a gm service and getting paid $300

Guest Anonymous

OK, I see now.

My neighbors actually paid the dealer for a recall. 1990 Lumina. Cradle bolt recall. They got charged $40 for each bolt/mount + labor. The sad part is they used j/y parts. The dealer said the recall only covered the front bolts. A week after getting it done the back two snapped while they were driving. What a mess.