Crossover Install DONE

SmokinTGP

well guys i finally got my crossover and installed what a breeze to do on your own some bolts are alittle frustrating but went in without a problem and wow what a differance it makes...... My car runs normal now lol...

A very special thanks to JEFF M as it is a well made part and by the way nice welds.... Deffenatly worth the price with out a doubt i would encorage everyone to get his pipe vs the 1300 factory replacement that will crack again as there flex bellows havent changed.... (Garbage) .....

Any ways just wanted to give a big thanks for Jeff and let everyone know that it wasnt that hard to do especially with the packet he gives you its the perfect insruction packet.. You could never work on a car and do it with his packet....

Thanks in ADVANCE JEFF M

mike

Got any pictures? Congrats on the successful install. One day I'll be able to get one of my own. The reason I ask for pictures is I don't think I've run across any really good pictures of an installed JeffM pipe. Has anyone ever done a write-up on the install?

Mike

The pipe comes with Jeff's write-up and directions. Makes it nice and easy, for me the hardest part was getting the downpipe off the back of the turbo. A few of those bolts are difficult to get a good grip on. I used a wrench and ground down the sides of it to make it slim in order to get on to prevent stripping.

Got any pictures? Congrats on the successful install. One day I'll be able to get one of my own. The reason I ask for pictures is I don't think I've run across any really good pictures of an installed JeffM pipe. Has anyone ever done a write-up on the install?

Mike

crossover1.JPG

crossover2.JPG

crossover3.JPG

Thanks for the good feedback, best reward I can get for my efforts 8) As for a write-up, it's all explained in the install doc, a long doc that details in the long-winded way I talk, every detail to do this work partially based on me installing these pipes dozens of times (at least) in the past and still today (week ago), and honed over the years by many who have installed these pipes adding any tips or tricks they came up with, and some really great ones, my favorite told to me was to use a 1/2" socket or wrench on 13mm nuts and bolts since the 1/2" fits tighter and less prone to slip/strip 8) 8)

Here is a pic of most of the pipe I do, mainly to show the quality of welding done, and repair at times to the pipe bents. I have gotten core pipes returned to me with the OEM welds cracked at the seems, along with the flex joints being cracked, but all cores I get have very small welds/splatter welds that lack good penetration and coverage, there are like 9 welds done to get this pipe totally refurbished so no chances of failures!

Jeff M

NewPipeProWelding.jpg