Like comparing Night to Day

sonyman87

Well i had some fun on my way back to hannibal from st. louis friday night and i found out the BIG difference between Overdrive and Drive to its full extent..

I feel realy retarted i never really noticed the difference until i got a gtech and started paying attention to numbers more closely.

i forgot to import my video clips they will be here next week, but i will try and explain

with the 3.4DOHC and the 4t60e.

OD on

shifts from 2nd to 3rd at ~77mph and 3rd to 4th at 103mph 4th takes some distance to hit governer...

shifter in Drive

shifts from 2nd to 3rd at 80mph and runs to Govner ~115mph at 5800rpms :shock: holy shit it pulled fast and hard! it even made me drop my camera! it went from 100-110 in ruffly 7 seconds and to 115 in an addition 3 seconds and felt like it wanted to RUN! i cant wait to hit the track again and do it in DRIVE and not OD lol.

100 to 110 in 7 seconds? That seems awful slow.

i was guesstomating i didnt wanna say 2 seconds b/c nobody would believe a word im sayin. i figure 7 was beliveable

hmmm....thanks for that insight! i thought my 3.4 would be peppier than it was, but i always use D (4th) instead of 3. gotta try it out tonight when looking for houses!! im excited!!!

0-100 in 7 seconds is actually pretty quick for any "W" I would think...I mean arent the fast ones doing 1/4 miles in the 13-14 sec range?...and are their trap speeds way over 100mph? Ken Miles record run of 0 to 100 and back to 0 took 13 seconds and that record still stands (he was driving a 427 Cobra) and I'm sure it took a lot less time to get stopped than it did to get up to speed...just my 2 cents.

curiousity was getting the best of me so I just went and checked...it seems that 0-100mph in 7 seconds is pretty damn fast...as in the McLaren F1 supercar with 627hp on tap and sub 3000lbs weight goes 0-100 in a touch OVER 7 seconds! like 7.3 or so...suddenly I feel like I'm driving a stone! :lol:

0-100 in 7 seconds is actually pretty quick for any "W" I would think...I mean arent the fast ones doing 1/4 miles in the 13-14 sec range?...and are their trap speeds way over 100mph? Ken Miles record run of 0 to 100 and back to 0 took 13 seconds and that record still stands (he was driving a 427 Cobra) and I'm sure it took a lot less time to get stopped than it did to get up to speed...just my 2 cents.

Um.. they said 100-110. Not 0-100.

the 4 speed auto is controlled by the ECM and it sets it to pull harder when you down shift it and when you shift it manualy it shifts better and harder just notice if your car is the same as mine pull pu to a light and when stoped ptu it in first see if you can tell if the motor changes idle any mine gets a bit of a lope to it

nice lookin SE man!...ya gotta great starting point there to make a super sweet ride...looks like its got all the goody options and thats always a great place to build up from. My Intrepid had about 175K on it when I gave it to my son and its still goin strong...I probably would've kept it myself had it been a high end model like what you've got there...but hey, then I never would have entered the wonderful world of "W"!

nice lookin SE man!...ya gotta great starting point there to make a super sweet ride...looks like its got all the goody options and thats always a great place to build up from. My Intrepid had about 175K on it when I gave it to my son and its still goin strong...I probably would've kept it myself had it been a high end model like what you've got there...but hey, then I never would have entered the wonderful world of "W"!

thnx i was shocked my boss gave me the car ive put about 1,500 in it now just doing all new brakes tail pipes and motor parts

527299_6_full.jpg