If I map it Who can bend&weld it Cheap? Turbocharging

Jeorge

Well since my Friend is Ripping apart his 95 Z34 and puting in a Higher milage 3.4 so he can Rebuild his low milage motor...For no other reason then READ THE BOOK BEFORE YOU PRY ON SOMETHING!!! :lol:

and since his car gets Parked in the winter time next winter we will be putting his NEW REBUILT and Modified 3.4 into his car.

Well we have the car taken apart we have been thinking of TurboCharging the thing I know this has been Done but Not Intercooled or anything like that...while we removed the batt, AC, WASHER, Fluid and a couple of other things we noticed the Over abundance of Room. there is more room under there then in my old 626. the Fenders are Hallow the batt can be put in the Trunk the Washer Fluid can be Changed to a Skylark style and put in the other Fender.

I noticed that there would be alot of Room if you mapped it out Right which I could.

Need Custom Headers and a Custom Xover/downpipe (and a Heat sheild which I can make)

I can map it and send it with Flax Tubing but we want to make this thing out of Stainless when it gets Welded and also anyone know where we could get exhaust Flanges for the motor to make it easyer to make Headers? also I plan on Ebaying for the T3 Flang

so anyone have a Cheap welding shop around? or know how to do it them self?

Guest TurboSedan

Well we have the car taken apart we have been thinking of TurboCharging the thing I know this has been Done but Not Intercooled or anything like that...

Tim G's turbocharged Monte is intercooled...i'm not sure if Brian's is too?

joshua

Crossover is fairly easy; the hard part is snaking the downpipe under the brake/ABS assembly, around the rear manifold without hitting the tranny dip stick, then down out under the car. From experience, make it have a flange in the middle of the downpipe otherwise you will have to lower the rear of the subframe 5-6" to get the damn thing out.

http://www.brian89gp.com/misc/turbopics/

Not too WOrried about the Tranny stick we have came up with 2 ways to fix that...one we have a 5speed tranny we can try to swap in or two make a new Neck for the Tranny stick and bend it and for every inch we add to the pipe add that to the stick...

Thanks for the link...