grandprix104

The car all washed and clean :)

st001.jpg

Cardboard template cut to fit opening.

st002.jpg

st003.jpg

st004.jpg

st005.jpg

The pressboard fashia with template trace out.

st006.jpg

The sub box.

st007.jpg

The fashia cut out and applied to the box.

st008.jpg

st009.jpg

st010.jpg

st011.jpg

Now doesnt that look nice :D !

st012.jpg

More pics to come as I carpet the fashia and build my decklid cover. The decklid cover will be backfilled with owens-corning fiberglass insulation to reduce rattling and heat in the trunk. SCREW DYNOMAT! :D

unfortunately I dont know the product no. or anything, but they are memphis. :D I still need to get ahold of the local memphis dealer and have them tell me exactly what model they are. - they pound like hell though :D

Rough up of trunk cover and box fashia.

st013.jpg

Carpeted box fashia

st014.jpg

Adding carpet to trunk cover

st015.jpg

Trunk cover installed

st016.jpg

Fashia installed

st017.jpg

My new trunk :D

st018.jpg

Nice job.

That trunk lid cover really completes the job. As far as reducing SPL in the trunk that way would be ok but the hole would have to be pretty big I figure. But in my Altima I just always ride with 1/2 the 60/40 down to get more bass in the cabin since my set up with 2 - 10s is more for SQ than SPL. Although I am going to rewire subs in parallel to get more power from the amp. (Its stable to 1ohm I believe).

Actually I'm in Cedar City going to Southern Utah University. Hurricane is where my parents live and I used live :)

That would be cool though - There arent many W enthusiast out here :roll: :D

cool

first glance i thought i saw no screw heads. so i was curious how you did it without screw heads showing.

wonder how that would be possible?

Monty

yeah you could use clips or you could just mount the screws under the carpet by making slits in the carpet and working the fibers over the screw head

if i could shove one of those plastic clips up....oh nevermind

they just blow.

yes the slit method would work. dunno why i did not think of it before as i have used it on other things. and have seen it used on trunk trim panels.

thanx

Monty

well i used 1/8" press/paperboard for the panels, made templates from cardboard then traced the templates onto the board and cut it out. For the carpet i just used the 10' roll of automotive carpet you can buy at checker or walmart then just applied it with carpet adhesive and thumbtacs on the reverse side.

As far as noise reduction, it did not help that much :( but the visual improvement is well worth it IMO. If you first applied dynomat to the decklid it might sound a little better. The bass response, however, is better. If you want to relieve some rattling go get some expanding foam insulation at the hardware store and spray it down inside the cross-bracing under the decklid.