motor mount

regalized

O.K. so im under my car doing some inspection on it today since i had a nice day, and to my suprise, i find that the motor mount on the passenger side bottom is like jelly and falling apart, i found the source to my power loss, so, is there any "better" motor mounts that i need to be aware of, thanks for your advice

do not have a definite answer but thought i would hit you with some props on your regal. looks nice.

i forget who it is that makes poly bushings for suspension and the dogbones. not sure if they have for the bottom mounts or not though.

Monty

Your car is a cleaner version of mine!!! Check out my WWW site to see what I've done with mine so far. I am a bit behind in photos though. I've added the full digital dash cluster and a painted yellow stablizer bar across the towers.

The steering wheel is my best upgrade though I do love my dash.

My muffler tips would be smaller and pulled in further if I had to do it over again.

Dual Regal = Rare

Lee

:twisted: :twisted: Ya picked on me so I gots ta retaliate......read again, yellow stb across towers....shock towers... stabilizer bar, ya know....the GM parts direct $17 stb. The one that's been posted about forever...

Now, I was just talking to a fellow 4dr Regal person....thank you very much, or should I be walking around talking in a younger lingo... :wink:

"Amanda Please!" "I'm gonna hit you upside the head with a yellow stb. Hugh, hugh." :lol: :lol:

In case I actually confused you there...Amanda Bynes Show, Nickalodeon Ch. :idea: :idea:

Sorry fellow w-body groupie, just enough beers down to feel persecuted.

My car has a plain 140 hp at the crank minus age and wear properties. And I'm very much aware of it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hey Regalized, on your cardomain site you said let you know of ideas to make it sportier. I have one besides what you saw on my www site, and thanks for the compliment on my car, my wife thinks I should sell it before it dies.

Idea: I did this to mine and I liked it very much. I used black electrical tape to black out the upper bar of the grill and the fins above the circular Regal emblem in the center of the grill. Then I used the tape to black out the chrome molding under the headlights. Trust me on this...you have to try it.

And if you don't like it it is easily removed. The rest of my chrome I like.

(I also blacked out the bottom outer edges of the grill where it gets wider. I wanted the grill to look perfectly rectangle.)

Tip: you can touch up the chrome trim inside the car on the dash with lady's chrome nail polish. I have a center console in mine with even more chrome trim. It gets rubbed off so the polish work good and dries fast.

Yeah, about two thirds of the wires have to be moved to different spots. Make sure you get the connector with the dash cluster. It should still be plugged into the cluster with the wires cut. The connectors are mostly identical but have different grooves on the side to fit into each specific cluster. If you ended up without the connector, you could shave down the plastic raised parts to make it fit.

I was supposed to get the change over posted ages ago but never hooked my scanner to my new computer. Missing disk!

If you ever get a full digital cluster, I have the info to change it out. Mines been in for about 11 months now.

Just replace your old engine mount with a stock equivilant. Its not going to make a difference how expensive you go on an engine mount. Just buy it from a regular parts store, rather than the dealer.