Gauge cluster ?

Robby1870

After taking the full analog cluster from the parts car I noticed the clear plastic cover has a long thick scratch down the center is just dirty ( I cleaned thoroughly, too) and the cover is all scratched up. So....has anyone taken off the clear plastic cover and swapped them? Is it possible? Its plastic welded (melted) on on the top and bottom. I would really like to swap the bad cover for my current cover which is pristine

I was able to easily remove the lens on my TGP cluster, so I don't see why you couldn't do it. If it needs to be glued back on then get some good epoxy and go to town.

I was able to easily remove the lens on my TGP cluster, so I don't see why you couldn't do it. If it needs to be glued back on then get some good epoxy and go to town.

Good. I didnt want to start tearing into then, have the cover break or something.

Oh, and turbs, I wouldnt want a TGP cluster....no need for a boost gauge and I wouldnt want to waste it on a LE :lol: :lol:

Hmmm, my TGP cluster plastic came off by removing a few TORX screws???

Anyway, I was once able to buff a pretty bad scratch out with a Dremel and the little buffing wheels and compound that came with it.

Hmmm, my TGP cluster plastic came off by removing a few TORX screws???

Anyway, I was once able to buff a pretty bad scratch out with a Dremel and the little buffing wheels and compound that came with it.

I may just be looking at the cluster wrong then. I noticed the few torx screws, but it looks like its on with more than that. I guess I'll just have to take it apart to see