tgp inside (lots of pics)

rudefyet

Well now...I went and got some pics of the TGP i've been looking at

Didn't look quite as good up close at i had expected

I'm not positive how well it runs...it's been sitting there for 2-3 months...the guy drove it there so i kno it ran when he parked it...but i still need to see for myself

Side Shot

DSC00693.JPG

Angle shot

DSC00694.JPG

Front

DSC00695.JPG

Back angle

DSC00696.JPG

Back

DSC00697.JPG

back seats...the rear mirror fell off apparently

DSC00688.JPG

front interior...drivers seat has a hole in it

DSC00689.JPG

cassete deck and dic

DSC00691.JPG

moonroof

DSC00692.JPG

gauges...note the mileage, note it well :twisted:

DSC00690.JPG

last but not least...the engine...looks like it's been through hell

DSC00687.JPG

for fun...my aunts 2002 GT

DSC00686.JPG

Guest Anonymous

My TGP has 100,000 more miles and the motor looked better than that before I detailed it. Hell, it's been sitting at my Dad's since 9-30-03 and the motor don't look that bad. I'd be leary of problems. Check it out good.

You said on the TGP board it has a CD player. Where is it?

My TGP has 100,000 more miles and the motor looked better than that before I detailed it. Hell, it's been sitting at my Dad's since 9-30-03 and the motor don't look that bad. I'd be leary of problems. Check it out good.

You said on the TGP board it has a CD player. Where is it?

I'll make sure to check it out real good

lol...well...i was mistaken about the cd player...my friend told me he thought i did..he was wrong...first i'll beat his ass...then i'll go change that at the TGP board

not positive but it looks like the poly on the dogbones may be shot, moonroof will leak and a real possibility of the engine needing a tuneup. I've seen a few engine bays that look worse but not on such low mileage TGP's. Driver seat is a common problem--although most usually it's the left thigh bolster? Do a carfax before you spend any other $20 bill on this vehicle. You will then know where it has been, how many irresponsible owners, possible emmissions test fail/pass(crossover issues), true mileage and some other important things(title stuff). Paint (clearcoat) on the rear bumper is common also. If you don't want to buy it let one of the many seeking multiple TGP opportunities have a crack at it. Just kidding, well maybe not, anyway good luck. Give us an update when you drive it. And don't run the hell out of it because it HAS been sitting a while. Idle oil pressure should be around 20-22 pounds, operating temps should not go above 220, primary fan should kidk on at 218*F, secondary fan should kick on wiht A/C running I believe. Dale Malcolm, Omaha, Nebraska.

Well..... It appears the guy lives in the country.. as did I. I should dig up the picture I have of my cars and their engines. I've bought all of my cars with around 30,000 miles on them. By 60,000, the engine compartments looked like SHIT. All the dust and shit just builds up. I never have the time to clean it.. I wouldn't write it off as something fishy, but nonetheless, look at it close.

Just for example, here is my '94 with 89,000 miles:

image-display?photo_id=2189234&size=md

You're going to want to give the brake fluid resivior/mastercylinder area a good going over.

This is a Powermaster III antiloc brake system. It runs off a little motor that kicks on and off to keep up brake pressure through an accumulator. It is not a vacuum boost set up from the motor.

Worst deal for you (for just getting it home) is that it either doesn't run or doesn't shut off. Not shutting off is better you can let it run or pull the fuse until brakes get sucky (about 13 minutes) then plug it back in for a few minutes.

If it just likes to run every time you push the pedal, it's livable for awhile.

Should run for "up to" a couple minutes at first start, then every fouth or fifth pedal pump to be perfect.

If you turn the key to ON but not crank the engine, the humming motor is the PM3 motor not the fuel pump.

thank you for the brake info...the engine is in much better shape then it looks...i took a rag and wiped about an inch of dust off of it :lol: it looks sooo much better now

check some parts i was told to check...everything seems 100%...the crossover is new so i'm not going to need to worry about that

It's looking like a buy...but first i'll pump up the tires...charge the battery and start it up and drive it a bit

I knew the car couldn't be in that bad of shape with 87,000 miles...i'm trying to contact the owner so i can test it out and get a selling price...but he apparently wasn't home today

Heed these words. IF IT IS NOT A JEFFM X-OVER, IT IS BAD. They have been known to go bad in as little as 3000 miles. Not 30000, but 3K, 30 hundred, three thousand. Don't let him use that as a selling point.

Heed these words. IF IT IS NOT A JEFFM X-OVER, IT IS BAD. They have been known to go bad in as little as 3000 miles. Not 30000, but 3K, 30 hundred, three thousand. Don't let him use that as a selling point.

As far as i can tell it's not a GM crossover...looks like it was custom made

As far as i can tell it's not a GM crossover...looks like it was custom made

That still doesn't mean its a good crossover. It could be, but it also could be just as bad as the GM one. I would ask him who made the crossover, what they made it from, and how long ago they put it on. You may need to be investing in one anyway. Like god910 said, it can go bad in only 3k, so its probably bad.

Shawn

EDIT: Forget what orignally posted in this spot...the crossover is original...and probably gone...i went out in the snow and checked today

I took a quick glimpse last time and must have confused the crossover and downpipe....the downpipe is brand new not the crossover

I looks like there may have been an oil leak around the front valve cover at one time...but i checked all the fluids today and they're all perfectly full believe it or not

I'm running a carfax in a few secs... i'll post the result on the tgp board...no sense in taking up space on two boards

I GET TO DRIVE IT WENSDAY!!!!!! :twisted:

The car runs great standing still!...and it looks like i'm going to get it cheap...i actually had a conversation with the owner today...he said just shoot him an offer after i drive it

Holy hell! I'm going to be overly hyper and excited for the next few days...ignore anything stupid i say...and just hope i can get rid of my LE quick

Carfax is clean

I love you Heza!!! I wanna have your baby!!!!

j/k but thanks a lot