ATTN: Hippie - Another Idea For Wheels

bluegp

Your pic with the crosslace wheels looked good. Here's another possibility I made with MS Paint that would look awesome. The "diamond cut" wheels come in 16X6.5 & 17X?. They'd cost more than the crosslace wheels and I don't know if they'd work without spacers. I guess the newer wheels have more + offset which would tuck them in more on the older cars.

image-display?photo_id=2187049&size=lg

Wow, I like that a lot. I'm really considering going for one of those Luminas or Montes. There's one around here that I see every day for sale, and I just need to call the phone number.

Those fit w.o the spacers? Really? I was always told they don't.

A couple of the guys over at MyMonte said they have them on '95-'99s and they only rub slightly on the inside on full lock turns..... how often do you do a full lock turn ? Haven't run them myself but so far I have no reason to not believe them.

Where did you find your Bullitt pics ?

I get a few of my pictures come from CarDomain, but most of them come from eBay. The Bullitt rims & the black Monte came from eBay. The Monte was sitting on a car lot. The background came from a Firebird picture. When I come across a nice quality picture, I save it. My "My Pictures" folder has about 4500 files. I lucked out on that one - the Monte & the Mustang pictures were taken at the same angle.

The last set of wheels look like my '78' Z28 wheels. Those were just stamped steel Rally wheels though...but very close, probably the idea.

Just needed to post. It's been a long time since I posted.

The last set of wheels look like my '78' Z28 wheels. Those were just stamped steel Rally wheels though...but very close, probably the idea.

Just needed to post. It's been a long time since I posted.

The "gray spoke" Torq Thrust style wheel was popular back in the 60's, Chevy came out with the 5 spoke Z/28 wheels in '70 based loosely on the "gray spoke" mags as the '70 wheels were a dark matte gray. If the Z/28 wheels would fit I'd have a black set on it in a heartbeat. Had those wheels on a '71 Z/28, a '72 Chevelle SS and an '81 Z/28. I love the looks of a black '77-'81 Z/28 with those wheels in black........ 8)