can't figure out this one

grandprix89

hi a friend of mine has this 1989 or 88 grandprix 2.8 L V6 engine and the car is acting strangely. basically the problem is that it's pretty hard to start, in the morning when the engine is cold, usually it starts easily and rusn normally. but as soons as the engine warms up, it wouldn't start anymore or it takes a very long time to crank until it finnally starts with a very low idle. most of the time it starts but then stops immediately. th eonly way to start the car is by pressing a little bit on the gas pedal, then it starts right away, but as soon as i let the gas pedal, the car stalls. i checked the IAC vavle, but it's good, i even disconnected it and connected back so that it can relearn the idle procedure, i read this into a book. now, i suspect a fuel problem, because the car shakes pretty bad when the idle is low as if not enough fuel was getting to the engine, the pump is good, fuel filter is changed, could it be the fuel pressure regulator? or the clogged injectors??...i checked the vacuum line on the FPR ( i had a similar problem and the FPR was shot and there was gas coming out through the vacuum line) but this one looks ok...u have any other ideas..so to summarize, it takes a very long time to crank...especially when hot or warm, engine starts but stalls immediately..and the only way to start it is using the gas pedal..but stalls as soon as i release it...

I would check or replace the TPS first.

Problem when the engine is hot or warm probably it is your ignition coil or ignition control module.

BTW, make sure your spark plug wires are not touching the engine block or scraping.