Bullshit or not?

digitaloutsider

Thanks, WhiteOut.

]

Actually, 1hp = 745.7 watts. at 746W/12V = 62A. That's not how to calculate your power gain though. You'd need to find out the momentum of the air that the fan makes, then do some calculus and eventually end up with the Energy and Power, and then you'd still be wrong because of resistance, air temp, and all kinds of other shit. The best way to calculate your gains is would be using some moderately easy engine/air math, and you'd still only have a theoretical number. The best thing to do is think it through and realize that air is air, and air is good for horsepower, then buy one cheap and try it out.

Are you sure you aren't off by one decimal place there? I thought that 1 hp was roughly 6 amps??? And lets not get into the power triangle discussion, thats way too complicated for electrical engineers to understand let alone most of us normal folk.

And as for calling it complete bullshit, how the hell would you know? Did you buy one or did your "racing" buddy tell you it was crap? For god sakes it may well be a hyped up hair dryer, but you'll never know untill someone tries it.

I really don't think it's as useless as the general concensus here seems to be...air is air. Obviously this is not the best way to make extra air, but it will definitely make some air. I don't understand why most of these systems only turn on when the throttle's all the way open. That's a mistake in my eyes, but beyond that, I really don't think it's such a bad idea.

it's a horrible idea and the people that made this product should be stoned by the local community and then watch them set fire to their civic, fuck this piece of shit, it's junk and we all know it

it's a horrible idea and the people that made this product should be stoned by the local community and then watch them set fire to their civic, fuck this piece of shit, it's junk and we all know it

:lol: 8)

I'll bring the fire!

GOsh, are peeps so desperate for mods that they would settle for a damn piece of shit like that? Save your money and get your heads ported, top end swap completed, turbo project started...you know, real hot roodding, not installing a damn computer case cooler....

Actually, 1hp = 745.7 watts. at 746W/12V = 62A.

Are you sure you aren't off by one decimal place there? I thought that 1 hp was roughly 6 amps???

MaroonRegal is correct and as was said, that has nothing to do with the engine gaining power. It was also said that it'll make some air and that a little more air may increase power. What some of you are forgetting is that forced induction systems make power by pressurizing (boost) the intake air. There is no way in hell that little electric motor is going to create any boost. It doesn't matter if it blows some air; the incomming air pressure (atmospheric pressure) will remain the same.

It was also said that it'll make some air and that a little more air may increase power. What some of you are forgetting is that forced induction systems make power by pressurizing (boost) the intake air. There is no way in hell that little electric motor is going to create any boost. It doesn't matter if it blows some air; the incoming air pressure (atmospheric pressure) will remain the same.

And on top of that this thing is rated at a whopping 220 cubic feet per minute of airflow. A 3.1 at 5,000 RPM will pull about 270cfm on it's own, as stated by others earlier this POS will probably restrict airflow !!!

It's up over $100........ :yikes:

Jesus Christ guys. I really don't think anyone here believes that the damn thing will work. Its just a matter of principle, piece of crap or not, more air is better because that means more fuel can be used which in turn means more power can be made. And thats what the idea behind it is. Solid idea, bad execution, end of story.

that thing is bullshit..

220cfm isnt enough air to power a 3.0 at 5krpms

those speaks are remarkably close to one i seen on the shelf at Radioshake and yes it was for a COMPUTER!! lol

yes the same idea as eram.. cept eRam put out up to 900cfm not 220

Its just a matter of principle, piece of crap or not, more air is better because that means more fuel can be used which in turn means more power can be made. And thats what the idea behind it is. Solid idea, bad execution, end of story.

I'm not trying to be a butthead but I've been at this over 30 years, I even went to school for it and I get really frustrated when I see somebody pulling a scam like this and getting away with it. The key words here are "more air". It DOESN"T provide more air that's just it, it can't even move ENOUGH air to meet what even a small V-6 draws on it's own ! Feeding more air to a motor to increase power is proven fact not just an idea. That has been successfully accomplished through improved intake manifold design, long duration high lift camshafts, improved cylinder head design, supercharging, turbocharging and Nitrous Oxide injection almost as long as the automobile and airplane have been around. (OK maybe only the 1930's for nitrous.) The idea behind this thing is to force more money out of the wallets of gullible kids who don't know anything about internal combustion engines. Somebody bought a truckload of surplus 12V HVAC blower motors for RV's and and is getting rich on E-bay from people with more money than brains. If this had any merit at all someone would have perfected it a long time ago and you wouldn't be buying it on E-bay for a $100. "End of story". :?

Although......... if your RV needs a blower for the HVAC $100 may be a bargain. :wink:

On the upside it may actually create horsepower gains in oh say, a Ford Festiva...

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Shucks...in before the lock i suppose :lol:

Soembody make me a moderator please :cry: