Steering Wheel Controls

cutlassconvertible

Hey everyone, ive got a 94 cutlass supreme with the steering wheel controls for the radio and A/C operation. but they are going crazy on me. The do their own thing! like the a/c buttons will start changing the radio and the radio will start changing the temperature?? also ive got the auto climate controls and it keeps pushing down to the coldest, by itself without me touching anything!! Any ideas how to fix this. i dont mind replacing whatever it is but if i just replace the buttons i dont know if there are other parts like a steering clock spring or what? any info would be greatly appreciated. thanx guys! any suggestions??

Mine do something similar every now and then. It's a lose connection somewhere below the steering wheel. I just gently kick the underside dash cover a little on mine and it goes back to normal. :)

Possible bad clockspring in the steering column ?

I would try disconnecting them steering wheel control wiring harness at the column so the signal cant be transmitted to the radio and hvac controls