Is this the stock Turbo???

tgpguy21

its definitely not the tgp t-25 that front housing where the compressor wheel is different, the copper nipple is longer, and also no other garrett's exhaust flange will fit ours.

where are these people getting t3/t4 turbos from for our cars and whats the cheapest you can get them for? also besides changing the flanges do you also have to change coolant lines or anything else?

where are these people getting t3/t4 turbos from for our cars and whats the cheapest you can get them for? also besides changing the flanges do you also have to change coolant lines or anything else?
I haven't seen any evidence that anyone really has a T3/T4 turbo on their TGP.. To change to a T3 flange would require a new crossover, new coolant and oil lines for sure, as well as a new downpipe and O2 sensor bung/mounting location. Are you sure you can manage all that and still not burn up the powermaster or anything else in close proximity? Will you still be able to tilt the motor forward to access the rear spark plugs? It's nice to daydream about what sounds good on our cars but let's discuss what actually is known to work.

yeah and thats exactly what ive been thinkin of as of late. I guess im just gonna fork over the $500 to have my stock t25 completley rebuilt. Are there any performance parts i could have them put on this stock t25 to have it produce more power that anyone knows of?

Guest TurboSedan
It's nice to daydream about what sounds good on our cars but let's discuss what actually is known to work.

it sure is nice, but apparantly discussing things that aren't known to work is not allowed here :roll:

joshua

yeah and thats exactly what ive been thinkin of as of late. I guess im just gonna fork over the $500 to have my stock t25 completley rebuilt. Are there any performance parts i could have them put on this stock t25 to have it produce more power that anyone knows of?

Couple of TGP owners have gone this route/upgrades to theirs, it works but not much faster, some faster at low rpms (more tire smoke out of the hole) but if you check on some posts I did for the past few months, backpressure with the stock turbine housing is killing efforts to increase air flow either with a bigger compressor wheel and/or cams and/or heads. So, there are a few who are looking into resolving this backpressure issue. Not sure what else to recommend right now.

Jeff M