Oil leak

loominaz34

Hey all, I recently noticed that my 1992 lumina Z34 has sprung an oil leak. It falls close to dead center and parralell to or just behind the radiator. Its a slow leak, like a drop every 15 seconds. so im not real worried but i wont be able to park in the driveway until its fixed. O yeah, it only does this while the engine is running.

Its a slow leak, like a drop every 15 seconds.

Thats alot to me, but its probaly ur distributor O-ring, left over from when these cars had a distributor. To fix it you need to take the rear head off, but thats alot of work so, most people just take off the upper and lower intake and but some black silicone and pull it off as much as they can and put a D-cell maglite o-ring on there.

You actually don't need to remove your intakes either. Just remove the airbox and tubing up to the throttle body, then the exhaust crossover pipe. Remove the dist. drive hold down clamp and pop the plug up. Spray lots of brake clean in there to get rid of any oil residue, and seal it up with black silicone. I used a small screwdriver to get the silicone worked in there, it seems to be holding. Make sure you spray the exhaust bolts down good the night before with wd-40 or some other penetrating oil, or you might break off some studs. Also let the black silicone set up good, preferably overnight, before firing it up.

Make sure you spray the exhaust bolts down good the night before with wd-40 or some other penetrating oil, or you might break off some studs.

Really, when I had to take my crossover off the bolts came off no prob. :wink: