attn: Digitaloutsider/Gearhead43

THe_DeTAiL3R

hey Digitaloutsider, I noticed on your sig that your car has ONLY the fog lights on without the headlights turned ON. How were you able to do this?

if it wasnt done stock...you could always wire them with constant power and a switch. This is how my dads stereo and lights are in his truck

jon

While we're on the subject of the conversion you've done, I was wondering if the '88-'90 SE and non-SE (black strip) bumpers are exactly the same (nevermind the non-foglight version & the red or chrome stripe). In other words, if you painted the black strip body color, would you have the SE bumper or does the black strip protrude more? I figured Gearhead may know since he's probably compared both. I'd like to make mine look like the SE model & get rid of the black moldings.

By the way Digitaloutsider, nice work - your car is looking good.

i've got switches like that, they're DP/DT ones, there is on with ignition, off, and on, even when the igition is off, they're for my bling blinging neon lights.

While we're on the subject of the conversion you've done, I was wondering if the '88-'90 SE and non-SE (black strip) bumpers are exactly the same (nevermind the non-foglight version & the red or chrome stripe). In other words, if you painted the black strip body color, would you have the SE bumper or does the black strip protrude more? I figured Gearhead may know since he's probably compared both. I'd like to make mine look like the SE model & get rid of the black moldings.

By the way Digitaloutsider, nice work - your car is looking good.

The trim on the bumpers is exactly the same.. It's the side moulding that are specific to the non-SE/SE... Still those side moulding can be painted if you like. On the SE front and rear, they are painted body color.

Is it possible to wire up the regular foglight switch to turn the lights on? I don't wanna add a switch to my car. Just wondering.

Did the LE/base models come with the switch for the fog light? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I'm guessing they didn't.

Baddass,

Dosen't your GP already have the FOGS?? If so the foglight switch is on the headlight pod (Yellow Leveler)

Yes, you can wire up the fogs to a factory switch pod that has the fog light switch. But you will need to run the wires from a relay into the headlight pod connector. The way I did Shuan's GP, the switch used can handle more AMPS. Therefore the relay is not needed.

Your car is definately going to be a model for how I want mine to pan out once I'm able to fuck with it again. Upgrading to an SE from an LE. Except you have two more doors. I like what you've done with it so far, keep going!

Thanks for the nice comments! Makes me feel good, lol. Anyhow, the car is going to become much more than an SE. It's going to be the Grand Prix LTE, or Limited Touring Edition. Basically what the STE should have been. Don't get me wrong, the STE wasn't a bad car, but it lacked the true performance I want. The car will end up with a 3.8L S/C in it. It'll also be a 2+2 SEDAN. All 4 seats will be 14-way power adjustible. The rear seat will also have a DIC of it's own. The suspension will be upgraded to an "Improved FE3". A HUD will be added. Rear doors will have speakers of their own, and tweeters will be installed in the front pillars. There will be a 10 disc CD changer in the trunk, along with a sub under each of the front seats. This is going to take me a long while, and cost me a lot of my hard earned cash, but in the end I feel this car is definitely going to be worth it.

• 2 years later...

on't get me wrong, the STE wasn't a bad car, but it lacked the true performance I want. The car will end up with a 3.8L S/C in it. It'll also be a 2+2 SEDAN. All 4 seats will be 14-way power adjustible. The rear seat will also have a DIC of it's own. The suspension will be upgraded to an "Improved FE3". A HUD will be added. Rear doors will have speakers of their own, and tweeters will be installed in the front pillars. There will be a 10 disc CD changer in the trunk, along with a sub under each of the front seats. This is going to take me a long while, and cost me a lot of my hard earned cash, but in the end I feel this car is definitely going to be worth it.

Man!.. those were the good old days.... How I miss them.... :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

if you could take the frames off the seats, they would sit lower. You would need to come up with a way to mount those while retaining all the powered movements .. And that would probably take a mechanical engineer to figure it out.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How do you think I feel about your poor '89, when all you care about is that STUPID GTP?!

Right now I could care less about either of them.