QUICK!!!! need advice

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just called about a 91 Regal GS. Supposed to be in good shape w/ new tires and inspection. $800. It would have the 3800 wouldn't it? Anything I should look for on the motor that is a known problem?

Yeah, I think that would have the 3800TPI. It's a pretty strong engine, really just look for signs of serious abuse, because that's pretty much what it takes to kill it.

Sounds like a deal if the body is in good condition, and it runs strong I'd take it. I dont know much about the 3.8 but can tell you rear main leaks are fairly common, on a car that was driven hard.

Yeah, it should have the 3800 Series I (L27).

I think that was the standard GS engine 90-95.

If the body is in great shape, never been wrecked, and either white or black, I'd even take it even though adding another car to the stable would be ridiculous for me to do!

Yeah, it should have the 3800 Series I (L27).

I think that was the standard GS engine 90-95.

If the body is in great shape, never been wrecked, and either white or black, I'd even take it even though adding another car to the stable would be ridiculous for me to do!

We both have that problem, I just dont have a driveway :lol: If there was no such thing as car insurance and I had room I'd probly buy a car every 6months :?

hey gimp19... move to WI.. U dont have ot have insurance here :D

yeah.. those are very nice cars.... just look for sighns of abuse... the 3800 will take a beeting and still dish out a desent amount of power.

later

joe

hey gimp19... move to WI.. U dont have ot have insurance here :D

:werd: My truck doesn't have insurance right how. Hehe

With the 3800 just check the basic things. It takes a lot of abuse to hurt the 3800.

Guest Anonymous

Just came back from looking at it and driving it.

1st problem: 2 too many doors for me.

2nd: it needs a hood, both front fenders and a grill.

It has new tires, brakes, struts, plugs, wires, coils, ign. mod. and belt. I think I got it all.

I'll put up some pics tonight.

I don't like any sedans all that much, but if I had to pick one, it'd be a second Gen w-body. The '97+ Regal GS with the two-tone is about as badass as a sedan can get, IMO. But yeah...the 1st Gen Regal sedan is a bit boring. The '95-'96 sedan is tolerable, especially if it's two-tone.

iF YOU ARE STILL GOING TO GET THAT Buick, here is one thing I would check on.... for the 3800... GM changed from a Nylon coated aluminum Camshaft socket to a metal one sometime in 91. The older Nylon coated aluminum Camshaft sockets were known to strip at arournd 100K -150K miles cause the steel timing chain would eat into the softer nylon and grind down the aluminum teeth on the older spockets. So check into that!!! The old 3300 had the SAME problems

I just called about a 91 Regal GS. Supposed to be in good shape w/ new tires and inspection. $800. It would have the 3800 wouldn't it? Anything I should look for on the motor that is a known problem?

man If its the limited and white it would be just like the one my grandparents used to have, it would be mine now if they havent wreaked it 2 years ago with 25k :shock: on the clock! very good car!

4 door, ouch. I agree, the 2-dr Regal looks much better.

W3rd Sean, I like urs and Scotts.

O, and my fav Sedan is the Boniville SSEi's.......those kick ass....altough they aren't a W.