clean wheels

913_4se

what is a real good cleaner for years of brake dust the person that i got the car from did not take care of the wheels at all

ive used almost every thing that i can i dont want to scratch the wheels with a wire brush or anything they are getting better ive cleaned them 10 times

Eagle 1 A2Z Wheel and Tire cleaner.

Spray this stuff onl. Let it sit for about 20 seconds. Spray another coat. Then, use an old sponge, and wipe the wheel down. With some of this stuff on the tires, use your brush to get the stuf off them.

This stuff is amazing. Recomended by a lot of pros, and myself, too.

jon

I have seen some of the guyz here polish there wheels up with a wheel because the clear coat was cracked and peeling. What was the wheel and did they turn out nice? (MINE LOOK HORRIBLE) the clear coat needs to come off.

Ah, the infamous crosslaces. Mine were horrible. Your best bet is to completely remove the clear coat and all, and scrub at them with steel wool. It's hard as hell to get in all those little gaps though, so have fun. Once you finally get them done, put about 5 coats of clearcoat on them.

Eagle 1 A2Z Wheel and Tire cleaner.

Spray this stuff onl. Let it sit for about 20 seconds. Spray another coat. Then, use an old sponge, and wipe the wheel down. With some of this stuff on the tires, use your brush to get the stuf off them.

This stuff is amazing. Recomended by a lot of pros, and myself, too.

jon

i have the same style wheels as you. i've tried this stuff, and it doesn't work at all, my 11 years of brake dust stains are still there

hell, i've even powerwashed the damn wheels.......didn't do nothing

Try Brake cleaner in the aerosol can.

That eats away at the finish.

Take some concentrate Simple Green with an old toothbrush (yeah, like the Army cleans the johns) and scrub.

You'll get the best cleaning, and it won't ruin the clear coat finish on the wheels.

Then, just powerwash the wheels every week, and you won't have any other issues.

- Erik

right now im willing to do anything to get them clean

if all else fails im going to have them bead blasted and repainted then cleared

ive tried the eagle it did only work on some i think the tooth brush is going to be a must have

im going to try the simple green and a few other things

this stuff is just baked on and raised up hard as heck

Simple Green Automotive man. Kicks ass. Once you get the brake dust off, clean 'em up with Blue Magic Metal polish.

thanks ill be sure to try that i know it does well on the inside of the car

i use it for pretreating before i steam clean

I'd just get some custom wheels, all that work for some ugly ass stock jobs seems stupid.

i like the factory wheels i dont want to rig out my ride just keep it stock

i did think about aftermarket wheels but thats alot of money i'd rather put in to the motor or trans