hacked airbox

Heza

so...today i did the first semi-real mod to my GTP. instead of the cone like on my SE, i chopped my extra airbox. with a dremel tool, i carved out the front side of the airbox and dropped in a K&N filter.

i thought when i put the cone on my car that that was loud. hell no, not nearly as loud as chopping the airbox. when the 3.4 hits its powerband at 3.5k or so, it is extremely loud and i love it!

still waiting to figure out if im going to put 15% tint on my car or make it legal for when im back in Minnesota (35% i think).

sweet, could you possibly take some pics? I'm thinking of trying that and I want to know the best places to cut.

i got some pics when i did it....ill post them later on. im a little hungover right now

mine i just drilled 50 holes in the side.

I have another 3100 airbox sitting arround...i started cutting the sides off. Anyone wants it....let me know.

jon

I have another 3100 airbox sitting arround...i started cutting the sides off. Anyone wants it....let me know

ooh ooh! Me! Me!

If you wanna get rid of it, i'll gladly take it off your hands.

see...my dremmel didnt really feel like doing anything to it...so i gave up. If you have ever seen LukeZ34s one....looks a whole lot like his (well...would look like it).

Instead of cutting the back out like that...it has the sides where I was starting. If you look in the airbox, it has some markings from the making of it...i was just cutting round those.

Ill take a pic of it this afternoon. Post it up here.

Yes, I really want to get rid of it. PM me....lets make a deal.

jon

still waiting to figure out if im going to put 15% tint on my car or make it legal for when im back in Minnesota (35% i think).

:lol: I wish. 50% in MN. I've been to court MANY times over window tint. And that 50% is including the estimated 78% factory tint. So in order to be 'legal' you'd need to find someone that makes a 75% window tint... not even worth it.

sweet, could you possibly take some pics? I'm thinking of trying that and I want to know the best places to cut.

i just took out the intake tube and it sounded nice just pop the thing right out

:lol: I wish. 50% in MN. I've been to court MANY times over window tint. And that 50% is including the estimated 78% factory tint. So in order to be 'legal' you'd need to find someone that makes a 75% window tint... not even worth it.

MN is 50%??? what the fuck? one of my buddies has been running 25% or 30% on his car for almost 3 years. never a ticket or a warning for it. whenever i was back in MN with my '94 and its 15%, i never got any hassle from the cops.

MN is 50%??? what the fuck? one of my buddies has been running 25% or 30% on his car for almost 3 years. never a ticket or a warning for it. whenever i was back in MN with my '94 and its 15%, i never got any hassle from the cops.

Ya, it is 50%, which is the reason why i havent tinted mine to 30% yet. I have to decide if I want to spend the money, and risk having to spend more money to get it taken out if i get a ticket for it. I have some tint already on my car, its not very dark at all, but there is a little there. I dunno what the % is, but i want darker.

as i said i would...although im still hungover...heres my chop (well...it basically melted with the Dremel tool) pics.

505596_18_full.jpg

505596_19_full.jpg

thats exactly what mine looks like :) did you put a K&N filter in the holder yet?