looking at a tgp again

rudefyet

Ok...due to my laziness of doing a search or anything of that sort i'm going to re-ask a question

My friend has a red TGP sitting in his driveway...appears to be in flawless condition...it's not his...it's his landlord's

But i want to know what i should look for mechanically...there's gotta be a reason it never moves...but hey maybe i'll get lucky...although i've heard it runs really good also from my friend

I already know about the crossover issues and i'll check some tgp sites for common problems...other then that fill me in on anything i should know

I seriously doubt i'll buy the car anytime soon if ever, due to lack of funds and the fact my GP runs fine...but who knows

I stopped by today but he wasn't home...left a note for him to call me so hopefully i can pop the hood tonight

our cars can be a hassle but theyre fun... heres the things ive replaced

PowerMasterIII MBC - $750

DIS Module - $225

Alternator - $120

Those were mostly the big money items--

but i also got...

crank sensor

wires

3 batteries

20 some spark plugs

FPR

fuel rail

coils

our cars can be a hassle but theyre fun... heres the things ive replaced

PowerMasterIII MBC - $750

DIS Module - $225

Alternator - $120

Those were mostly the big money items--

but i also got...

crank sensor

wires

3 batteries

20 some spark plugs

FPR

fuel rail

coils

Those sound more like general 3.1 problems...i already have a 3.1 so i lnow what to expect in that sense...i was a little more curious about turbo specific problems

well just letting you know-- the only thing i have experienced that is specific to the turbo is fouled oxygen sensors on the turbo but thats due to the stock xover...

well just letting you know-- the only thing i have experienced that is specific to the turbo is fouled oxygen sensors on the turbo but thats due to the stock xover...

all right...well thanks :wink: any info is appreciated

here's what i've got so far..for turbo specific...thanks to Chris Aldridge's website

1. Crossover pipe can devolop cracks, etc.

2. The vacum block on the throttle body...plastic clip can break and cause you to lose boost

3. Appartenly not too common...but also the connections on the intercooler pipes can come undone

anything i've missed...if not...i wouldn't mind having a TGP...because the only thing that would really cost me is the crossover...but i'd buy one of the better made one's and never have to worry about it again

hmm...also...i noticed jheiv...you replaced your MBC...i just now realized my 3.1 doesn't have the ABS system...so, is there a lot of problems with the Powermaster III ABS system?

now for an update i suppose...i actually got to look at the TGP today

looks pretty nice...although some minor surface rust around the bottom of the drivers door and around the moonroof

the reason it doesn't move is because it has no battery...we'll see if that's a bunch of BS later on when i hook up a battery and test drive it

maybe i'll get some pics someday soon...but i can't guarntee anything...lifes a mess at the moment...and i got lot's of people telling me what car to get i'm not sure what i want

EDIT: well i suppose no one is gonna answer my questions in the last...i feel the love in here :lol: