What is the difference in steering wheels 94-96/97-03?

grandprix104

well after looking at my steering wheel it is ovious that it wont match up! Duh :oops: Anyway I wonder if i got another airbag from 97+ if the wheel would fit. It should as far as i can tell.

Yeah it'll fit. I know a guy on ClubGP did the same thing.. Didn't look too spectacular. A little nicer, yes, but I wouldn't waste the time/money unless it was all free.

Yeah, and I see where it says that it has some wear spots on the volume button. I can see where they are, and that means at night time you'll have red blasting through those wear spots. I think that would be kind of annoying.

Aaron

Yeah, and I see where it says that it has some wear spots on the volume button. I can see where they are, and that means at night time you'll have red blasting through those wear spots. I think that would be kind of annoying.

Aaron

A couple of my buttons have some nasty chips in them. And you're right.. its annoying.

allright well then the easier option would be - does anyone have a 94-96 seering wheel with controls they would want to part with for ultra cheap :D :roll:

Maybe I'll try the local yards

airbags suck.

just my $0.02

Until you hit something head on at 50 mph.. perhaps one would be glad they are there after their alive. I've seen MANY friends and family walk away basically unharmed from wicked crashes.. all have said if it weren't for that little device in front of them, they'd be gone.

airbags suck.

just my $0.02

Until you hit something head on at 50 mph.. perhaps one would be glad they are there after their alive. I've seen MANY friends and family walk away basically unharmed from wicked crashes.. all have said if it weren't for that little device in front of them, they'd be gone.

97 cavalier, 60 MPH, into a ford excursion, i was buckled up, airbag go off, airbag did nothing but hit me in the crotch and bruise one of my .... berries, if the airbag wasnt there, i'd have walked away unscathed.

so yes, i conclusion airbags suck, i already disabled the drivers one in my saturn.

airbags suck.

just my $0.02

97 cavalier, 60 MPH, into a ford excursion, i was buckled up, airbag go off, airbag did nothing but hit me in the crotch and bruise one of my .... berries, if the airbag wasnt there, i'd have walked away unscathed.

so yes, i conclusion airbags suck, i already disabled the drivers one in my saturn.

I have nothing for the first gen airbags. I had a friend whose entire chest was black and blue because of one. Next Generation bags are another story. I've seen people really get saved by those things.