DIC in 95-97 Cutlass

jeremy

has anyone put a GP DIC in a '95-97 Cutlass?? I searched but as we all know that feature is about as effective as a one legged man in an ass kickin' contest....

I want to try to put one in my cutty, I like the way it looks but I don't know if it is possible...and if so, is one version easiler to install or have more features....I really want the unit from Toronado or a Reatta, but I assume those would be hard to find and expensive if I did find one....

Toronado's didn't have a DIC. They had a VIC, which was basically a 5" or 6" CRT monitor that showed a butt load of vehicle information, including OBD1 diagnostics and radio/climate funtions. I can't imagine that you could ever get one to work in a car other than the Toronado since the damn thing is an electrical nightmare. A friend and I put a supercharged 3800 Series 1 motor into my old Trofeo and we never could get the diagnostic mode to work correctly or much of anything else for that matter aside from the climate and radio controls. I have a feeling that the systems available in the Reatta and Riviera were pretty much the same thing except that the they were green screens as opposed to the 8 color glorry of the Trofeo's screen.

Besides that the CRT is about a 8x8 by 10" deep box that you'd have a hell of a time finding room for in your dash.

Toronado's didn't have a DIC. They had a VIC, which was basically a 5" or 6" CRT monitor that showed a butt load of vehicle information, including OBD1 diagnostics and radio/climate funtions. I can't imagine that you could ever get one to work in a car other than the Toronado since the damn thing is an electrical nightmare. A friend and I put a supercharged 3800 Series 1 motor into my old Trofeo and we never could get the diagnostic mode to work correctly or much of anything else for that matter aside from the climate and radio controls. I have a feeling that the systems available in the Reatta and Riviera were pretty much the same thing except that the they were green screens as opposed to the 8 color glorry of the Trofeo's screen.

Besides that the CRT is about a 8x8 by 10" deep box that you'd have a hell of a time finding room for in your dash.

thanks for the information....I didn't know that it did that much....

Those VIC's are fucking awesome. My friend and I went and checked out a '93 Toronado, and the damn thing actually worked correctly. Did Toronado's really come with a built in cellular phone?

It's a nice design, and it does work, but hell, I've heard Toronados are money pits when they fuck up...

nobody has put a 94-96 GP dic in a 95-97 Cutlass as far as I know, but im sure it will work just got to find a place to put it.