BAD NEWS ABOUT TURBO!!!

tgpguy21

So I called cheapturbo.com to get a check up on how my turbo rebuild was comin along and it turns out that when they took it apart everthing seemed to be shot. The rebuild price they were giving me was $460 :shock: . a little more than just seals and bearings i guess. So does anyone have a turbo with no shaft play there looking at gettin rid of, or does anyone know where i could get a T25 for a decent price?? Thanks for any help.

what is it mjmturbochargers.com?? how much did you pay for yours??? i checked on ebay but all of the t25s they have are for the jap cars and dont seem to have a spot for O2 sensors.

Yeah, they charged me $420 for a rebuilt turbo. This was several years ago though. The wastegate had a crack that was welded. The core charge was $300 so make sure you have something to send back to them!

if your just looking for the oem turbo to put back in there they do have them all you have to do is call thy e number on th ewebsite and tell them is for the tgp they can ship one out for u ....the core charge isn't $300 though but it isn't cheap either.

Yeah im also confused on that one :think: . i want to stick with the original if at all possible but have been able to find one in good condition. I dont want to have to go through the hassle of changing flanges and coolant lines and everything.

thats the good thing about mjm turbo u ship them urs and they can do it all for you and they can ship u ur lines and all that shit too.it takes alittle time and money but if u have one of these cars you should do it right and don't go the cheap or gettho way out of it cause it will come to bite u in the ass down the road in a few years or maybe sooner