Oil Leak - need some help...

92turboLE

Has anyone ever had to change the seal on the oil filter adapter??? i have narrowed down one of my many leaks to that seal. I thaught maybe at first it was the filter gasket so i put a new filter on, then that didnt work so i tried a new oil pressure sending unit, no good either. finally cleaned the shit out of it and watched where it was leaking from and sure enough, its coming from the seal where the adaptor plate bolts up.

also, if anyone could get me a part number for that if you have a service manual and any information, i would REALY appreciate it.

thanks

- Justin

yeah, im kinda currious about this too. I heard that on the 3100, that was pretty much part of the block, and didnt really leak...but never sure..

jon

not sure on the 3100, i think it might be built into the block... but i know on the 3.1MPFI, there are 3 10 or 12 mm bolts holding it on and aparently an O-Ring, but i just would like to know what im getting into before i get into it.

- Justin

yes, checked and replaced that already... like i said, cleaned it all off pretty good (as best i could from under the car) and watched for where it was leaking... pretty much all around the entire plate

-Justin

i had to do it on my car.... omfg itsx a bitch... ok you can get the gasket from your local GM dealer for like 1.75$ the bitch is cleaning the block....... the thing is held in my a allen head bold that is what the filter threads on to..... you have to clean ths shit out of the block or it will never seal....