DEI intake tube cover kit.

90TGP

Well, I'm sure everyone here knows that the turbo being directly under the upper intake pipe, it heats it up, a lot. Being that, it's kind of defeating the purpose of having an intercooler if the air just gets heated up again. Well I saw the DEI intake tube cover kit in the Summit catalog. It used to be $80, but it's now down to $50. So I took a trip to Summit and bought.

Got it home, wrapped it around the intake pipe and cut it to length. Had to struggle just a bit for the pipe to fit back in place, it's fine now.

Went for ride for about an hour or so with the cover on. Felt under neath the cover and the pipe was nice and cold. I think it was worth the purchase. DEI also makes a nice turbo blanket replacement for the stock turbo blanket. It's better to spend the $80 for the DEI blanket then paying $300 for a GM one which is made out of the same material.

:)

interesting!!! got any pics of what it looks like on the pipe?? im thinkin of putting some of that on my new crossover pipe, think itll work? thanks for any help. also still have the part # by chance?

I wouldn't suggest putting it on the cross-x pipe. It could trap in moisture and cause rusting.

The summit parts number is DEI-010417

I don't have any pics of it right now, no camera or scanner.