New Install

99RegalGS

So where would you run the sensor to for the temp? I am kind of a freak when with temp and would love to do something like that. Or I could just go to walmart and buy one of those battery operated things and just mount it in the car somewhere...then again, that's too easy.

why does it say "passenger airbag" in the middle?

because it shows that it is active since in most trucks you can either turn it on or off.

temp sensor...i wonder if i got that mirror if i could tap into the existing temp sensor from my trip computer.

Today I finished running the wires and I connected it to my IAT. The resistance must be different since the mirror reads 20-25* cooler that it is outside.

Here's a pic with the temp working.

mirrorwt2.jpg

So your saying it was like 80 degrees where you were today?

I wish, my car was idleing so the engine bay was probably 80 degrees. But once I got moving the temp dropped to the mid 20's.

I put one of those in my truck. The 00-02 versions don't have the Passenger Air Bag light.

Yeah, I kinda wish it didn't have that. But I could try to figure out a way to change the "Passenger air bag" to like "Regal Gran Sport" and maybe turn the on an off lights into maybe high beam and low fuel indacators sp?.

Yeah, I kinda wish it didn't have that. But I could try to figure out a way to change the "Passenger air bag" to like "Regal Gran Sport" and maybe turn the on an off lights into maybe high beam and low fuel indacators sp?.

Heheh, if I could figure out how to install the automatic passenger airbag feature in my truck, I'd trade ya mirrors. :)

Do they still use the flat 7-pin connector?

Heheh, if I could figure out how to install the automatic passenger airbag feature in my truck, I'd trade ya mirrors. :)

Do they still use the flat 7-pin connector?

No it doesn't have a 7 pin connector. It has a 16 pin connector.

I wouldn't have a problem trading except the Temp thing is messed up a little. It shows "IEE" insted of "ICE" and when the temp is in the 40's it reads 90's. But I do have another mirror that the Temp function works fine but the compass doesn't change. I'm going to try to swap some parts this weekend to see if I can get one mirror working completely.