anyone with headlight strobes/leds

canusa

ok i bought headlight strobes and led's. i was trying to drill the hole to install them.. and the headlight shattered in my hands. how did you guys install your strobes/leds? oh btw this is meant for the mini quad headlights. the whole sealed lamp is glass. how am i supposed to successfully drill a hole in that ?? please help.

thanks,

-canusa

:? i've never seen anyone with them in teh mini quads.. i was just kinda hopeing that someone did it. :P hmmm i dunno.. i think they'd look really good in the headlights... there's gotta be a way. i'm all open to suggestions :P

I don't think you will be able to drill them. I have LED's in my fog lights and turns, and it don't look to bad plus i can use the ones in the fog at night going down the road and what not with out turning off the headlights.

What happens when one of you mini-quads burn out? Its back to square one. I agree that you should put them in either your fogs or your parking lights.

thats the thing. i know people have them in there foglights and turn signals.. the leds will be going in the highbeams.. so i can still use them going down the roads.. without turning off my lights.. and the strobes are gonna go in the low beams. Just to be different from teh other people who have them in there fogs and stuff. and if one of the mini quads burns out. i did teh 9006/9005 converstion. so basically all i would do is replace the bulb.. not the whole headlamp :)

I have the Whelen SPS660 and SPS460 60 watt Hide-a-way Strobes and power packs. I installed them into the parking lights, and Fogs up front, plus the tails and the back up lights in the rear. With multiple switching for front and rear. For your headlights you can always buy the wig-wag multi pattern flashers for them. The flashers do not install inside the headlights, but the wiring just spilces into the cars existing wiring. Headlamps operate normally til the flasher swtich is activated.

ok go to napa and get plastic case miniquads............ they came on the 88-89 fullsize trucks that had mini quads...... glass drilling problem solved..

for the fun of it.. why do we do anything to our cars.. because we can :P no i'm not a fireman or anything like that.. i can still put them on at shows, and stuff like that.

gearhead, i also have whalen strobes. apparently they are pretty good.. i'm not sure since i haven't installed them yet :? anyways. anyone know how much these wig wag things run for? i think that would look good with the strobes and leds. anyone have a video of there strobes in the fogs/ park lamps?