Car alarm/Remotes start problems

psykodevul

Im not sure but i think there is a audiovox remote start and alarm. Because it was already installed when i purchased the vehicle. I am trying to find a wiring diagram for it but can't. the model # on it is "as-9099" or "aps92bt2" any help would be greatly appreciated....

those things are trash, just pull it out and get a DEI system.

they're totally worth it, my buddy nitefall has one on his GP GT, and it's sweet, even has an LCD display keyfob.

I'm with Justin. I have a DEI Python in my GP now. I HATE it. I've had Astrostart before and it was the absolute best. I have, and still am, honestly considering having that DEI system ripped out, crushed, and burnt.. then installing an AstroStart.

I thought DEI had their own site? I can't seem to find it anymore..

anyway, here's a site with alot of their stuff on it if you want to check it out:

http://www.radiomancaraudio.com/dei.html

I was looking into getting one of their remote starters for my moms van for Christmas but I was way to piss poor :lol:

i had a Crimestopper system in my '94. i loved it. for my '96, im getting a Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5. my buddy works electronics and is getting me a hook up. he'll install it too costing me about $250. not bad considering install through the store is $500.

its a 2-way system so it will tell you on the key fob what the status of your alarm is. i like it.

however, Clifford is a branch of DEI so whoever has grudge against Direct Electronics then Clifford might not be your choice. i had a DEI amp before and it was the best amp i ever had.