Kleen Wheels Dust Shields Are Not COOL...

jpv123

In September I put on new rear brakes, new front brakes and new front rotors. :) I Then installed the Kleen Wheels Dust Shields. :D Well less than 8,000 miles later my brakes are wasted. :? The rotors are shot. :shock: They actually had scortching marks on them. :x The dust shields were holding in the heat and making the brakes over heat. :x :x So, I just did all new pads and rotors for all 4 wheels. :x :x :x Just wanted to share this info with everyone. :evil:

I had them on a few of my older cars and had no problem. My mechanic says that the older pads were asbestos and now they are metalic or semi metalic which run hotter that the asbestos ones. Oh well, back to dusty rims.

Wow! what a great web site. If I knew about this problem earlier I would have research it and went with Those pads with cross drilled rotors. I'll see how dusty my new pads are. If it's bad then I may have to upgrade them. Thanks!

Yeah, ceramic pads still leave dust, not as bad as the Metalic ones do though, but the ceramic ones from what I've seen tend to glaze over faster.

To tell you the truth every pad now days seems to glaze over fast, just isn't anything that can do as well as asbestos. Not that I'm complaining, I'm a Mechanic, and I like my lungs just how they are.

I'm telling you guys, EBC, while costing a bit more does the job as good as the Performance Friction with VERY little DUST. And that little bit of dust washes off VERY easy!!

TRY IT FOR YOURSELF.

i contacted brakewarehouse last dec and talked to them about brakes and the set up that is the best for the 4 door w body and we came up with the performance friction pads and crossdrilled rotors, my brakes are a lil better but not like anyother car i ahve driven, shit my 1985 celeb wagon has better brakes and they have about 40,000 on them! :shock: and have been sitting for 2 years. The guy told me to stay away from ebc pads with crossdrilled rotors for somereason, i had my mind set on the green stuff pads too! He also said ceramic are not a good idea for everyday driving. We talked on the phone 2 times and on the internet 3 times (i was making sure i got the stuff i needed cuz i was spending over $400) If i were to do it all over again i'd do raybestos rotors with ebc pads and put some cash in my pocket. But its points at the carshows! :D later Jay

To tell you the truth every pad now days seems to glaze over fast, just isn't anything that can do as well as asbestos. Not that I'm complaining, I'm a Mechanic, and I like my lungs just how they are.

Carbon metallics that I get from O'Reillys don't glaze over, and stop like no other.

However, they wear fast and create thick black dust like no other.

They brake 100x better than semi-metallic, but I'm about to go back to Wagner Severe Duty semi-metallic pads due to the ridiculous dust coming from the carbon metallics.

This one guy I knew said when he drove in the rain he had some trouble stopping.....I wouldn't even mess wit those shields,takes all the fun out of detailing your ride.. :mrgreen: