Is this normal???

samiamryan

Im not much of a mechanic so please help me out. I have a TGP and ive had my share of problems. Ive got it running fine now, but when Im driving, everything is fine, but when i slow down or come to a stop, the dash lights dim and my turn signal slows down. Then when i hit the gas, the lights brighten and the blinker speeds back up. Could this be and alternator or is this normal. And one other note, how much do shocks cost to be replaced. I think one is broken or stuck. Thanks, Ryan

The car isnt much to look at and Im sick of working on it and sticking more and more money on it. What do cheap shocks run. Ill run it for the rest of the winter, race it, then its probably gone unless I smash it up on the track.

If you go to autozone they can test your battery and alternator for free. For struts they usually cost $50 per strut labor, and the struts themselves are around $40 each.

$120 is a common price for the alts on our cars. Thats about how much they are a checker, and although they fired me :roll: their Autolite Alts are rebuilt with more new parts than most.

How long does an Iceberg alt last? Any warrenty? I go through alt's about every 2 years. I am on number 5 or 6 and only paid for the first one due to AZ lifetime warrenty. :)

Jud

Yeah, but for $120, you could get an Iceberg alternator which will beat the living CRAP out of anything these pathetic chain stores offer for our era of GMs.

That's what I have! :D :D :D

How long does an Iceberg alt last? Any warrenty? I go through alt's about every 2 years. I am on number 5 or 6 and only paid for the first one due to AZ lifetime warrenty. :)

Jud

I'm not sure on how long the warranty is. I've got lots of friends who have been using them for years, and I haven't heard a complaint out of a single one of them yet. They put a different rear caseing on to help dissapate the heat better (a large part of the reason alts from our era fail so much). Plus they have a 140 amp version available, too. Little extra power. :wink:

Ask "The Great Korinko" what he thinks of his. How long have you had it, now?