CLUNK

dohc v6

is it just a sound or can you feel it in the floorboards...

mine did that for a while, then my rear subframe bolts snapped... turned out the clunk was the subfrom shifting...

otherwise, try and wiggle your front wheels and if they move, check the ball joints

- Justin

Hell, for all the time and trouble, just install a brand new halfshaft.....that way you not only get a new CV joint, but a halfshaft too....

And its a lot easier than replacing just the CV joint.....

Hell, for all the time and trouble, just install a brand new halfshaft.....that way you not only get a new CV joint, but a halfshaft too....

And its a lot easier than replacing just the CV joint.....

:withstupid:

• 4 months later...

I have a clunk that used to only happen when turning left and right, So I got new struts and strut mounts, engine mounts (all), balljoints, passanger CV shaft, wheel bearing hub, new cradle bolts, cups and rubber bushings. After all that it now clunks everytime I hit the gas and everytime I hit the brakes, in addition to turning!? I can feel the clunk in the floor just above the rear cradle mounts, I pulled back the rug and I can see cracks in the rubber coating over the floor.