W-Body now and than..

W-Body Geek

What's some of y'all people's opinons of W-Bodies now and the W-Bodies of the past???..Meaning what do you think of the performance,special features,colours,etc NEW & OLD(CLASSIC)....

BUILD QUALITY! I put that in caps because it's changed big time from first gen to the current, and it's not a good change.

My Lumina wasn't so bad, but the cutlass rattled, and every little thing broke on it when you removed it. The TGP is a godsend compared to those 2, it just seems like everything was built to a higher standard.

My girlfriend's 99GTP is no better. It's even got the cutlass beat. Ever try to remove the HUD/upper dash panel without breaking the tabs the clips press on to? Yea, it's almost impossible.

Build quality on my 94 is definitely much worse than the other 3 (88,89,90). The 89 seems to be the best year (least problems).

I haven't owned any W-bodies newer than 94, so I can't comment on their quality.

I definitely feel like the older W's had more personality than the newer ones. The interiors and exteriors looked a lot more different compared to cars from any other manufacturer back then.

I'm with Shawn and Canadain Badass on this one. The 88-93 GP's are in my opinon the best of the breed. Easier to work on, upgradable, diagnosible, and the more options. With the 94-96 era, the wiring gets crappier and more compicated. Plus with the new PCM's you can't just ground the A+B terminal on the ALDL connector and read your codes.. NO you've got to get a $300 Autotap/laptop 'puter or ask a place like AutoZone to read em for ya. There's more electronic modules to go bad on the 94-96..blah blah,blah. And Don't even start to ask me about the 97 up W-bodies...sheesh....

WTF?!
:roll:

What are you asking?

:withstupid:

Moving on..My '91 Grand Prix was pretty simple to work on..However the '04 Grand Prixs look a lil hard to work on,the design looks okay...I rather have a '89-'90 TGP or a '91-'96 GTP...

LOL.

Well the first gen. Luminas look a hell of alot better than the 1.5 gen. Luminas. The first gen. had cooler trim levels: base, Euro 3.1, Euro 3.4, and Z34. While the 1.5 gen. had only 3 levels: base, LS, and LTZ. Not to say that the 1.5 gens. are bad, but they are kinda ugly. The LTZ and Monte Carlos are pretty nice looking but they went wrong making the base and LS 4-doors....yuck!

1.5 gen and 2Gen and up sound like a drastic improvement in interior standards..

personaly (1.5gen) NOTHING rattles in my car even when i had my system in! and that says alot with 162k on the clock. :shock:

LOL.

Well the first gen. Luminas look a hell of alot better than the 1.5 gen. Luminas. The first gen. had cooler trim levels: base, Euro 3.1, Euro 3.4, and Z34. While the 1.5 gen. had only 3 levels: base, LS, and LTZ. Not to say that the 1.5 gens. are bad, but they are kinda ugly. The LTZ and Monte Carlos are pretty nice looking but they went wrong making the base and LS 4-doors....yuck!

I strongly agree,I'm still surprised there are Lumina body kits...

I love the first gen coupe door handles!

I have never broken one, but then I don't pull on the handle itself either.

I just broke my drivers side door handle. I just took it apart. I didn't know that the whole black piece up the side of the door was all connected to your door handle. well you learn something new everyday. By the way ANYONE GOT AN EXTRA DRIVERS SIDE DOOR HANDLE? :)

I'm with Shawn and Canadain Badass on this one. The 88-93 GP's are in my opinon the best of the breed. Easier to work on, upgradable, diagnosible, and the more options. With the 94-96 era, the wiring gets crappier and more compicated. Plus with the new PCM's you can't just ground the A+B terminal on the ALDL connector and read your codes.. NO you've got to get a $300 Autotap/laptop 'puter or ask a place like AutoZone to read em for ya. There's more electronic modules to go bad on the 94-96..blah blah,blah. And Don't even start to ask me about the 97 up W-bodies...sheesh....

w3rd, but the 88-93 Regals were the most bad-ass cars out there, especially a GS coupe, totally blacked out with a factory spoiler.