What would be making my wheel squeek...

GutlessSupreme

Just noticed it today, and it's gotten worse fast. Driver side front wheel. Don't know exactly what would make it squeek like it does, almost like something bent.. I dunno. I'm plannin on takin it to get checked out at a local garage tomorrow after school, cause it got worse awfully fast..

The wear sensors wouldn't make a noise until I actually use the brakes though, no? This noise is happening even when I'm not using the brakes.

Could it be a warped rotor that's hitting/brushing something?

BWAHAHAHA cookie for i.

I'll search around here for decent replacements.. in the mean time if anyone's got recommendations for discs/pads, I wouldn't mind if you posted them here :wink:

But gah, I am so piss broke. Maybe I can con my mom out of some cash til I get a job...

eww, a job.

don't buy Bosch lifetime semi metallic or ceramic brake pads ... they are very hard, causing the brake pedal to shake every time you hit the brakes. (no, my rotors arn't warped, they're new and don't have any deep grooves cut into them) also, they suck when cold, it takes forever to stop unless the brakes are hot

Bosch rotors are pretty good, my bosch rotors are holding up pretty good with my hard ass ceramic pads

Thanks for the info. After searching a bit I've got Raybestos Brutestops and Bendix Titaniums on my possibilities list for pads.. and am thinking of getting to a junkyard sometime soon so I can grab some 94+ rear calipers too. Just need to find some decent 11" rotors. Figure I'll get drilled front rotors and probably regular rear ones..

After almost rear ending someone yesterday I'd feel alot better with brakes that work...

after i bottomed out my regal mine had the same type of noise, then it started throwing the serpintine off if i went past 2,500 RPM, turns out i broke the engine cradle, and the dogbone mount.