the difference between????

jus2sweetregal

i was drivin home from work this mornin and i seen an w body gp today and it had a badge that said STE (i think that was what it said). if thats the case then whats the difference between a base model gp and this model i seen today?

for some reason...i thought the STE was the turbo sedan

jon

It was in 89-90 (not sure if they made em' in 89) but 91-93 they dropped the 3.4 DOHC in them...94-96 though they came out with the GT sedan to replace the STE...i think...someone please correct me if i'm wrong

The STE started in 90 with the Turbo STE, then in 91 the STE got the 3.4.

The STE was the High end model. The TSTE was the only 1st gen w-body to get 8 way power driver and passenger seats.

yes, the STE's did have the N/A 3.1 option. Also STEs had the 8 way power seats regardless of whether it was turbo or not. The STE was the top of the line, at least for the 4 door prixs. Were they better than a fully loaded 2 door in any way?

Who considers them "8-way" seats? I have a few Pontiac brochures that list them as 6-way "STE specific" seats......so I'm wondering where you guys came up with 8 way?

EDIT: While we're on STE's, does anyone have a picture to the subwoofer that was offered w/ the 8 speaker system in the STE's? :wink: