it's been a while... a lot has changed

1uvakind

well it's been a while that i have been missing from the boards, i have been really busy as of late....... i got me a new car.

2001 Grand Prix GTP Special Edition..... i have already started modding it, lots and lots of things to come before springtime, but it's gonna have big shoes to fill that's for sure

check the link in my signature for pics of my new and old ride

here is a quick pic

600_Back-car-005.JPG

Nice car! Sad to see you getting rid of the cutty. one of my fav cutty's out there if not my fav! Too bad! You need to post some more pics of your GTP! It looks good tho from the rear! Get some more up! I'm sure you'll make it 1uvakind gtp! Good luck with the gtp!

thanks... the gtp will be getting a sh*t load of performance mods, this thing will be fast... but one thing at a time, i can't afford to do everything at once.

the first few things i will be doing is intake (already done), exhaust (next week), pulley, reprogrammed computer. this will all be done by summer.

cams, throttle body, porting, and a few other things will be done next year

and as for the looks department, number one on my list is airbags, i want this thing touching the ground. (those are going in end of march) with of course my 18" chrome from my cutlass.

Nice car!

Too bad about ditching the Cutlass though, now you'll have to change your name. You were 1UVAKIND with that Cutlass.

Now you're 1 of 9,122,983.

Well, after you bag it, you'll be 1 of 3,962.

Heheh, just teasing, but no one else here had a Cutlass like yours. It'll be real hard to get a 97-03 Grand Prix to stand out among the ClubGP crowd. 75% have 18" rims (or bigger), most of them are modded to varying degrees, and several have bags.

What kind of spray did you use to tint the tails with? Also, got any pictures at night w/ the lights on and during the day with the brakes on? :wink: I'm thinking of doing that to my tails since those look better than any other tinted ones I've seen on GP's so far. 8)

z34 nut wow that looks awesome..... good job!

gnatgosplat.... i agree totally with you, i was 1uvakind, it will be a lot more difficult to stand out now, but i will try to make you guys proud...

mfewtrail.... i just used the regular "nightshades", its just tint spray for lights, it says to put 2-3 coats on, i put 5 coats on, and i don't have pics yet, but i can tell you the brake lights shine right through no problem, they haven't been severly dimmed... i still have the factory bulbs in there too. with warmer weather, i will try to get some night pics

Guest Anonymous

Where can you get nightshades at?

Also, 1uvakind, what is that color called on your cutty? That's what color I want my flames when I get the done. IF I get them done.

nightshades is available at performance improments here in toronto

it is made by VHT which is a popular brand for automotive paints.

as for the states, i guess check you local pep boys or something

and as for the colour of the car, it is called galaxy silver metallic.... oops sorry you asked about the cutty, the cutty has a 2000 dodge colour, it is called Amber Fire Pearl Metallic

this prix has potential, but what possessed you to sell your CS ?

i tell you it was a very hard thing to do.... it has tranny problems, and the engine has a lot of kms on it, (but still in great shape)... and i wanted way more power....

i contemplated doing an engine and tranny swap, i also wanted airbags, which i couldn't do in my olds cause i had the big stereo in the trunk, and i didn't want to redesign it... all in all the things i wanted to do PROPERLY to my cutty was gonna cost more in labour and money than it was to just get a new car.... with the power and looks that i wanted

plus that and the fact that i have been in love with the gtp ever since '97 when it first came out in this body style.... so know i am gonna do it properly, airbags first, then big stereo system around that

is it legal in MI to tint tails?
Nope

and just to let ya know 1uvakind that speed and air bads dont really go together. i might suggest springs for you. just letting ya know. Later Jay

WOW that was your cutlass I seen on sounddomain??? Damn.....I loved that car.........I showed everyone I knew...........cuz that was my goal for my car when i got it.......not the exact same but kinda like well this is what it could look like........but im looking into gettin somthing different as well lol and what really is funny i was thinking a gp also.........lol nice car.........and im sure it will look nice...........