compression test results !!!

tgpguy21

so me and my friend decided to do a compression test on the tgp this last weekend. the first one we tested was like 95 psi, the second was like 125 psi. has anyone done a compression test on thier tgp lately if so what were your readings? i thinkin i have worn rings cause when we took the spark plugs out they had oil on them?? thanks for any help!!!!

so is this bad then?? i know theres more than a 10% difference here but is this ok or is it something that needs to be fixed?? also could the oil on my plugs be from the oil that was cycling through my turbo because of bad seals and gaskets?? thanks for any help again.

How's the car running? I wouldn't say it's a good thing, but if the car has good power I would wait. Maybe try some engine restore or something, don't know if that stuff actually works or not.

so me and my friend decided to do a compression test on the tgp this last weekend. the first one we tested was like 95 psi, the second was like 125 psi. has anyone done a compression test on thier tgp lately if so what were your readings? i thinkin i have worn rings cause when we took the spark plugs out they had oil on them?? thanks for any help!!!!

Late, sorry, busy days, always!! When you started your compression test there might of not been enough oil around the piston rings to give you a good reading, then after you went to the next plug/from turning the engine over, there was enough oil to make the rest better. I have compression tested a lot of TGPs and those with around 100k miles showed around 140 to 145 psi. Last thing is, I have seen a lot of TGP pistons out of these engine and there is always a healthy amount of gunk stuck to the rings and ring groove in the piston, from past owners running mineral oil and/or not changing their oil often enough, this allows more blow-by/lower compression readings from the 2 not sealing well to each other. Get yourself some Chevron Techron Concentrate, not the cheap version, you will know cause this good stuff costs about $10 a bottle, but it’s the best, and after a few tanks of this, the combustion chamber and a lot of those piston/ring deposits will be cleaned off, restoring the seal in the area of the ring to piston, bringing your compression up some.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Jeff M