Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow vs. Flowmaster Super 40

Cornerdealy

Which would you get?  

1. 1. Which would you get?

• Delta 40
    • Super 40

I'm trying to decide what mufflers to get and I think i've narrowed it down to the 40 series delta flow:

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/40delta.html?id=dxjnw4vN

and the Super 40:

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/952446.html

What do you guys think? The super 40 is smaller so that means it wont just fit right in, but i'll be taking them to a muffler shop to get put in, so it doesn't matter. has anyone tried the super 40 on their cars? It's supposed to have a deeper sound as well as giving more horsepower because it's more free flowing. What do you guys think?

I guess I would go with the Super 40 simply becuase its "newer". I don't think having a smaller case size would create many problems in the installation. I have the standard 40-series which lined up perfectly with the factory exhaust hangers. Both mufflers sound awesome, but I was particurly impressed with the sound clips of the Super 40.

It looks like the Super 40 is available only with 2.25" in/outlets which makes it ideal for a w-body. My 40-series has 2.25" in/out which worked perfectly with the factory piping. It is also considerably smaller being 5x10 instead of 9.75x13, which would be another advantage. From what I can tell of the picture of the Super 40, it has similar looking v-shaped fins like the Delta 40, so it may take everything the Delta has and improve on it, in addition to having a smaller case size. I'd go with the Super.