3.1 ~ Hard starting

Toxie

I have a 1989 Prix with a 3.1 That has new wires, plugs, ing. module.

it has been hard to start the last month or two, more so when warm. I just have to really crank it in order for it to start, when it starts it runs fine with no missing or any other problems. It has never been hard to start before and I am wondering if there is a sensor or something that may be going bad? Maybe some sensor that controls the choke depending on the temp or something. Does anyone have any ideas where I can start to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance!

Toxie

It has a problem starting when the car/engine is warm or when the temperature is warm out? Just trying to get more specifics here, I've seen quite a few cars that have had a slightly rough idle (not even noticeable sometimes) and hard time starting after being run and it turns out to be a bad fuel pressure regulator. Look at the vac line diagram and determine which vacuum line goes the fuel pressure regulator, pull it after the car has been ran awhile and check to see if gasoline is in that vacuum line, if it is, the fuel pressure regulator diaphram has failed.

Thanks for the info guys.

there is no SES light on. it is somewhat harder to start when the engine is warm, it doesnt seem to matter what the outside temp is. even when the engine is cold though it just doesnt start right up like it should. after I get it started running though it idles and runs like a top with no problems.

Thanks again!

Toxie