brother pig

Here's the situation. My car, a '95 GP w/ABS and rear disk brakes is leaking brake fluid from somewhere - enough brake fluid that in 2-3 weeks, the brake light comes on in the car. The rear calipers and all the pads are fairly new (~10000 miles) I have gone through a whole bottle of brake fluid before I had time to check it out. I have all four wheels off the car, and I can't find *any* evidence of a leak! A whole bottle of fluid went somewhere, but I can't see where. I've done a quick check on the calipers and the master cylinder (at least what I could see from under the hood) and everything appears to be dry. What I'm asking is if anyone has any ideas of where it could be leaking from. All of the lines *look* good, and none are rusted. All the calipers are dry. I'm not looking for any concrete answers here, but maybe some experience or thoughts on where to check. Thanks guys.

Ryan

Guest Anonymous

It's probably only leaking when you step fairly hard on the brakes. When you're going down the road the fluid leaking is being carried out from under the car by the airflow. That's why you can't find a wetspot.

Here's the situation. My car, a '95 GP w/ABS and rear disk brakes is leaking brake fluid from somewhere - enough brake fluid that in 2-3 weeks, the brake light comes on in the car. The rear calipers and all the pads are fairly new (~10000 miles) I have gone through a whole bottle of brake fluid before I had time to check it out. I have all four wheels off the car, and I can't find *any* evidence of a leak! A whole bottle of fluid went somewhere, but I can't see where. I've done a quick check on the calipers and the master cylinder (at least what I could see from under the hood) and everything appears to be dry. What I'm asking is if anyone has any ideas of where it could be leaking from. All of the lines *look* good, and none are rusted. All the calipers are dry. I'm not looking for any concrete answers here, but maybe some experience or thoughts on where to check. Thanks guys.

Ryan

Is your car a standard?

If it is a standard, usually the clutch pedal is powered by the brake fluid and shared by brakes and clutch pedal. Check the carpet behind the clutch pedal to see if it is wet. If the carpet is wet then it is leaking there.

Guest TurboSedan

Is your car a standard?

If it is a standard, usually the clutch pedal is powered by the brake fluid and shared by brakes and clutch pedal. Check the carpet behind the clutch pedal to see if it is wet. If the carpet is wet then it is leaking there.

actually the hydraulic clutch system is completely seperate from the brake system.

joshua