1990 cutlass, gauge help..

TNT

Daughter bought a really nice 1990 cutlass supreme, it has a computerized type dash in it, in other words, if you look at the dash where the gauges are, you dont see anything util you turn on the ignition, then it all comes to life..anyways, the problem is the fuel gauge and oil pressure gauge, both of them dont work, they stay pegged all the way over all the time, no matter how much gas is in the tank, it always reads full, i would really like to fix the fuel gauge anyways so she wont run out somewhere, anyone know about this problem?

thanks!

I would definitely recommend checking resistance of the sensors first.

The 6 gauge digital cluster in the Cutlass Supremes was manufactured by Nippon Denso, NOT AC Delco. It's very uncommon for a Denso cluster to have solder problems.

I'll try to remember to look up the wires tonight and let you know how to check the sensors.

back to the top

tis true on the dash. the base cluster which has fuel, speed, and mileage is terrible for flashing or just plain dissapearing, but have never heard any stories about the UB3 cluster. that cluster has 6 gauges.

how is the car other than that?

sure like the price.

Monty