Going to look at a car wednesday

slick

I need to know what to look for. It's a 1993 Lumina Z34. Has 112,000 miles on it. I talked to the guy this morning, he said said he bought it at 80,000 miles, and all the miles he has put on has been highway miles (understandable at his location). This is the parts that he listed that are new: Alternator, battery, plugs, wires, tranny(either it was rebuilt or new one, not sure), idler pulley, and one or two more things. So, when we go to look at it, is there anything that I should look at, or be aware of? He has it for sale for $2800 (US), good deal?

I always look for rust, check the fluids and exaust list'n for noises......... and take it for a test drive too see how the tranny, brakes, steering and motor are. I think $2,800 is a high price to pay for a 92 Lumina w/112,000. W's have very bad resale Luminas in particular, cause there the most basic.

Thats part of the reason I'm keeping my Cutty for now cause I'd never sell it for what its worth.

I think $2,800 is a high price to pay for a 92 Lumina w/112,000. W's have very bad resale Luminas in particular, cause there the most basic.

I personally wouldn't pay more than $1500 for a '92 lumina with 112,000 miles.....

you guys fail to take into account that z's and 3.4 cars in general have a higher resale value than a basic lumina.

they go for quite a bit on ebay even with higher miles.

take 8mm socket and 10mm socket with you and pull the cover off the timing belt and check for "hair"

you guys fail to take into account that z's and 3.4 cars in general have a higher resale value than a basic lumina.

FWIW: the blue book is still only $2500 in excellent condition, and there are very very few used cars that are for sale by private owners that are in excellent condition, most would probably fall into the average to fair rating.....

defenetily check out all of those things listed above. 2800 is a little steep, i would say 24-2500, depending how the motor runs and how good the body is. I would lower it down. if it needs any work, certainly take that into consideration.

calculate how much it would need(if at all) and then talk price from there.

good luck man

all the previous listed. I would offer 2200 name off some shit that will compensate making a total of 2800 and maybe barter around 2400. 2800 is too high, but not rediculous as an asking price to be bartered with.

people selling like to use NADA, people buying like to use KBB......'nuff said :?