3100 muffler sound

Compufreek

I am looking at new mufflers for my GP and I am not sure which way to go. Was hoping to go with something that is free flowing. I know this has been a pretty heated debate but Flows, Magnaflows, and Dynamax are what I am looking at. Do you guys have sound clips of these different mufflers? Trying to stay away from to much of a ricey sound.

haha...i doubt it

i have asked many times and no luck yet. Though, im sure its going to sound lot like a 3.1

Im putting dynomax super turbos on eventually (got em...just wating for tax money back to get em on)

jon

Im going with dynomax super turbos on my 3.1 in a couple months. dynomax i think is the most free flowing of the trio you listed. flowmaster, to my knowledge, isnt very free flowing. its all chambered. but good luck. super turbos arent that expensive either, 40 a piece at auto stores, at least autozone.

Im going with dynomax super turbos on my 3.1 in a couple months. dynomax i think is the most free flowing of the trio you listed. flowmaster, to my knowledge, isnt very free flowing. its all chambered. but good luck. super turbos arent that expensive either, 40 a piece at auto stores, at least autozone.

Flowmasters flow plenty for any w-body on this board. :wink: I have some shitty quality clips of the following on my website(sig link).

93 Grand Prix SE(3.1 MPFI--no cat, one 30series flowmaster and 2.5'' mandrel bent piping..dual dual non-resonated tips), have a idling clip and a 100mph flyby clip, and a shitty taking off normal clip(no clue what the hell that whistling sound is, I think it's air rushing past the mic)

90 Turbo Grand Prix(3.1 turbo--magnaflow highflow cat, magnaflow resonator..no mufflers, stock tips.clip doesn't do it justice, it has a mean/low growl to it)

01 Grand Prix GTP(supercharged 3.8 aka L67, stock exhaust..lol)

Justin's 94 Grand Prix SE(3100----stock cat,2.5" from the cat-back into 4" resonated tips) ---this clip is the only .avi format/movie on there at the moment.

I also have a track run of my cousins car that I need him to send me the vid of it..he has the same setup as I do on his 92 SE, sounds badass going down the track so slowly :lol:

Disregard the S-10 exhaust clips on there unless you just want to hear a 4banger w/ a modified exhaust. :wink:

flowmaster, to my knowledge, isnt very free flowing. its all chambered.

if flowmasters flow good enough for people to use them in 10 second cars in hot rod mag, i think they are good enough for anyone on this board

plus, i've never heard a muffler that matches the rumble of a flowmaster

if flowmasters flow good enough for people to use them in 10 second cars in hot rod mag, i think they are good enough for anyone on this board

plus, i've never heard a muffler that matches the rumble of a flowmaster

:werd:

yah

lkeeping the cutty. Something new later on in the year though. Then cutty will be a side car, with a newer daily driver most likley.

Actually...good news. Stepdad just did my taxes. $$ soon