97 GTP Coupes, Opinions?

Thabulldog

Cutlsp tells me the next car I should buy in a few months should be a 97 GTP. How reliable are these cars. Any problem areas anyone know about. Any and all input is appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the post, I hate using the search function cuz it always brings back things that are completely irrelevant to what I'm looking for. Like one time I was trying to find the Fuck thread and took about 15 minutes to find it.

aside of some strange ass electrical problems that they seem to develop the 97 is a good car, if it were me i'd get a 98 or above just to get rid of the first year jitters

Dan,

Also remember for insurance purposes. 97,98 the GTP was an option, whereas newer than that it was a model. Therefore the 97,98 will be lower insurance rates! Just incase you didn't know that.

Hmm very appealing, I'll have to see if their are any decent ones around when I'm ready to buy in like June. Thanks for the heads up!

make sure you get a 2 door....

Of course. The only 4 doors I'm looking at are Chrysler 300M, LHS, Concorde and Dodge Intrepid. Gotta have that 3.5 dual TB's :twisted: The only other thing im considering is a Dodge Dakota club cab. All of these 97+

If you're even thinking about getting an LH car from Chrysler then go for the 300m...it comes standard with the hi-po 3.5 and autostick tranny and lots of other goodies that are options on the other cars...plus it has a fold down back seat in case you need to carry anything long...I think only the Trep ES and RT offered this as an option...300s might cost a little more on the initial purchase but you get lots more for your buck...plus, the 2nd gen engines (98-up) are aluminum block and heads instead of cast iron/aluminum...they also have coil-on-plug ignition and a stronger bottom end...pass on anything with the 2.7engine...DOHC and 200hp might sound cool but its weak on torque and not as durable as the 3.5 for performance. (or you can just toss all this info and grab yourself another w-body!)...I'm kinda hankering for a GP myself.