Depth in front doors?

Bake82

I'm going to be ordering a set of comps or coaxs for my front doors and amping them. I'm wondering how much room I have from the window to the panel? I realize I'll need to make a bracket out of MDF, but that's not a problem. I'd prefer to use 3/4 inch MDF since I already have a half sheet, incase that matters! BTW I should have the holes already cut right? I know the 92's do(Thanks Davis). Thanks for the help!

never actually measured itbut there was alot of room

here are some pics

http://www.dbfanatics.com/forum/photo_album_view.asp?cname=Main+Album&mid=16&cid=146&page=3

my friend built door pods for his 90 cutlass sedan last summer to hold the mids from an adire koda set component set of speakers. the pods were just angled enough to give him the proper staging for sound quality competition. so they were not verry big at all. even though the drivers were. he did not come close at all to anything.

he since has sold the car so i am sure there are no pics of it to share.

http://www.adireaudio.com/mobile_audio/components/components.htm

great sound but not exactly cheap

Monty

Thanks monty! It looks like there will be enough room in there to put in the speakers I want. And as nice as those adire's are, they are a little too much $$ for me right now.

Another question for you, how much sq ft of sound deadener did you use to do the doors and trunk? Thanks!

honestly i am not sure how much on those areas.

i know i put 2 layers everywhere i possibly could.

i bought 6 rolls of peal and seal at 33.5 sq ft per roll.

i have less than a half roll left.

easiest way to get a guestimate is to pull out the tape measure then start measuring. use simply math to figure out surface area. then total that up for one layer. then if multiple layers are wanted then double each area you want 2 layers on.

i would have done more but dbdrag rules say limit of 2 layers. so i stuck with 2 layers.

Monty