Should I Trade My Cutty for a Monte Carlo Z-34

SigEpCutlass

Should I consider trying to trade my cutty for a '98-'99 Monte Carlo Z-34?  

1. 1. Should I consider trying to trade my cutty for a '98-'99 Monte Carlo Z-34?

I say yes if the Lumina is in good condition(appearance, mechanical, etc). The 3800 has more power than your current cars 3100 as stated above and they're really reliable if you take care of them by doing proper maintenance.

thanks for the responses guys! I'm hoping that maybe I can talk my parents into giving me about $3,000 - $4,000 dollars to supplement selling my cutlass for a '98 Black Z-34. My 21st B-day is coming up in April, so maybe when I go home for spring break in a week I can talk em into it. Hopefully it's more than wishful thinking. 8)

Just try to ignore the things that make the Chevy's the "most affordable" (I know I can't) but if you must have that car, at least ask your elbow to get used to the plastic center armrest, and if you want to replace the rubber shifter with a leather wrapped one, PM me.

when I went looking for a new W the cutty is the only one that I would not take a 4 door of. However, I did almost break that idea with a very sexy 3.4 leather nice blue but miles too high.

when I went looking for a new W the cutty is the only one that I would not take a 4 door of. However, I did almost break that idea with a very sexy 3.4 leather nice blue but miles too high.

How could you like a 4door Prix better those things are disgusting :oops: I'd go for the Monte for the simple fact that it has a 3800 and I like the body styling.

I dunno being a multiple cutty owner myself I would suggest trading your 4dr cutty in on a 2dr cutty with a 3.4 in it. Im not a big fan of the late model montes. Now if your going to get a older Monte like my 1980 model up to a 1988 SS I say go for it. :D

Being an owner of two 95-99 Montes now I can say that they are ok cars. Nothing special about them. The 3800 is a really boring engine. It's a bit peppier than the 3100 engine though..

Like said before, if you had the 2 door Cutty and if it was a DOHC, I'd say keep it. Since it's a 4 door 3100, you'd be upgrading by going to the Monte.

Good luck and don't spend too much.

Being an owner of two 95-99 Montes now I can say that they are ok cars. Nothing special about them. The 3800 is a really boring engine. It's a bit peppier than the 3100 engine though..

Like said before, if you had the 2 door Cutty and if it was a DOHC, I'd say keep it. Since it's a 4 door 3100, you'd be upgrading by going to the Monte.

Good luck and don't spend too much.

:werd: i have the lumina version 4 door and it is really nice. haveing it with the 3.4 just makes it that much more fun. There is a ton of things you can do to the intierior to make it even more enjoyable and personal.. PM me for some ideas when you get it

Aside from styling, it'll come down to a $$$ decision. The 3.8 should offer you less expenses for general maintenance...as compared to the DOHC. You'll really like the low-end grunt of the pushrod anyway. Sometimes I found myself wanting low-end torque in a car until I hit the open road.

Style-wise, it's general preference. I liked my Monte's profile. For some reason, even after 9 years, people still thought it was practically brand new. Your appreciation begins to develop as you own it. As for the centre arm rest - *shrug* - my arm never complained. There is a lot to appreciate in the car. It may not have an excessive amount of perks in its interior, but if kept clean, everyone loves how it looks.

...and I don't even own mine anymore.

Monte all the way....the Z34 is sexy but not as sexy as the new supercharged SS, which I would give my left nut for. Anyways the 3.8 is an awesome engine which will definitely require less maintenance than a 3.4 and you'll most likkley get a lot better gas mileage.

thanks for all the responses! I found one at a dealership near me w/ 32,000miles @ $8,000!!! That's almost $1,000 below blue book due to an internet special! I'll keep you posted. I'll be bargaining with the parents this weekend when I get home!

Well it looks like i'm not selling the cutlass until atleast the summer or maybe next year. The parents told me to wait...ugh!!! Oh well...thanks for all the opinions guys! I definately want to look into getting a monte though. I loved the test drive!