Peeling Paint

scorpion_x9

It seems to me that GM's white paint sucks. I've seen a few white GM cars the have peeling paint and they are all white. My GFs car is starting to peel for some reason, on the hood, and I'm really wondering if any one knows of a good place that's cheap and does quality work to get something like that fixed. I don't know about Maaco though, but I was reading some posts and some of you say the Maaco does a decent job. I'm looking mainly for some place in the Grand Rapids, MI area.

Try CarStar north of Rockford on Old Northland Drive. Its right across from the state police post. They do great work at a pretty fair price. I think the guy who runs the place in named John, he's great to deal with, very talkative and interested in making sure your happy.

Or, if you want a really cut rate place there's a place called Dan's on Panell just off of Alpine by Ann Street. They did some work on the side for a friend of mine. Not the best job as far as masking and prep, but the paint looks good and they did a fender and a hood for $400.

my friend had a white 95 lumina with bad peeling paint. cost her price of paint to get it repainted as a friend of here did the work. about 3 months later it was starting to show signs of peeling paint. so it went down the road before it got to bad.

last weekend i saw 2 other white luminas around the same year that were peeling bad. no particular place either. roof, hood, pick a quarter panel. did not matter.

Monty